The Student Room Group

PGCE - hardest day of the course?

Hi,

I'm starting to teach at my second placement tomorrow (Primary) and I am very nervous. The first class I was teaching were quite excited for me to start teaching them, whereas I think this class will struggle to get used to me, they seem to like routine.

I know this question is probably different for everyone based on their own experiences, but I was wondering what the hardest day that people experienced on their PGCE was, more out of interest than anything. I appreciate that once the teaching increases it will likely get even harder.

Thanks!
Hi

I started my second placement (secondary) a couple of weeks ago, and if I am being honest, there are times it has been hard. This school has a lot of long standing well established teachers so some of my classes definitely don't want me teaching them and want their old teachers back! But, two weeks in, I have started to have some nice interactions with students and some of them are already getting more positive towards me :h:

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I hope it helps to know you're not alone in feeling this way!
Original post by SarcAndSpark
Hi

I started my second placement (secondary) a couple of weeks ago, and if I am being honest, there are times it has been hard. This school has a lot of long standing well established teachers so some of my classes definitely don't want me teaching them and want their old teachers back! But, two weeks in, I have started to have some nice interactions with students and some of them are already getting more positive towards me :h:

I know this isn't exactly what you asked, but I hope it helps to know you're not alone in feeling this way!

It does help thank you! :smile: Definitely nice to know that it is something I will hopefully overcome soon. Hope your course is going well for you! :smile:
Original post by faithandtrust93
It does help thank you! :smile: Definitely nice to know that it is something I will hopefully overcome soon. Hope your course is going well for you! :smile:

It's going alright so far- my uni tutor is coming in on Wednesday, so we'll see how it's going after that!

Good luck with everything and feel free to hop in on the current teacher training chat thread as well if you want :
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5536030&page=12

It's not the most active but it can be good for finding out if others are feeling the same way as you!
For me, it was the run up to my formal (uni) observation on placement 2. I found placement 2 really hard as I lost my support network and was very much on my own. I was also teaching more hours than my peers and had a longer commute. Placement 3 (back to original school) was a breeze despite increased workload.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending