The Student Room Group

Year 11

Hi, How's everyone finding year 11 so far... For me it's getting stressful as there's mocks coming! I think for us it's just revision everyday, but i'm sure we will be happy when they're over! What colleges have everyone applied to?

Scroll to see replies

btw - how many hours a day do you revise (excluding homework) on weekdays and weekends?
I am quite worried as literally everyone i know is revising like a LOT and it scares me .
I currently revise like 4-6 hours a day max

BTW - check out my GYG - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=81624634&highlight=gyg%20jordie

I will start posting today at around 6 so yh!!!

Good luck !
Remember mental health is important , take care. x
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Chemist123
btw - how many hours a day do you revise (excluding homework) on weekdays and weekends?
I am quite worried as literally everyone i know is revising like a LOT and it scares me .
I currently revise like 4-6 hours a day max

BTW - check out my GYG - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=81624634&highlight=gyg%20jordie

I will start posting today at around 6 so yh!!!

Good luck !
Remember mental health is important , take care. x

I do about 4-6 hrs maxiumum for a day as well but make sure you take breaks so the information stays in and drink plenty of water. So many people are revsing so much but at the end of they day we need to able to retain the info when it comes to applying it to questions. I will be online as well around 6
Good luck as well
Have u applied to any colleges?
Original post by halsx11
Hi, How's everyone finding year 11 so far... For me it's getting stressful as there's mocks coming! I think for us it's just revision everyday, but i'm sure we will be happy when they're over! What colleges have everyone applied to?

It's alright tbh, have u applied to any colleges yet? I've applied to two, got an offer from one!
Reply 4
Original post by thestudent33
It's alright tbh, have u applied to any colleges yet? I've applied to two, got an offer from one!

Yep ive applied to 3 and I've got an interview next week and literally so scared cuz I really want to get in that college! Have you not started revising yet?
Original post by halsx11
Yep ive applied to 3 and I've got an interview next week and literally so scared cuz I really want to get in that college! Have you not started revising yet?

Eeek, dunno when my interview/s are yet. In terms of revision I'm starting tmrw
Reply 6
Original post by thestudent33
Eeek, dunno when my interview/s are yet. In terms of revision I'm starting tmrw

Oh for mine they sent me a letter. Im doing it from UCAS but it only says about the offers!
Good luck! Make sure you take breaks and drink plently of water!
Take care
Original post by halsx11
Oh for mine they sent me a letter. Im doing it from UCAS but it only says about the offers!
Good luck! Make sure you take breaks and drink plently of water!
Take care

:yy:
It is a retake year for me but that is going okay so far. I am not changing college or school in September. I should start revision for the real exams during the Easter holidays.
Reply 9
Original post by mjhmichael18
It is a retake year for me but that is going okay so far. I am not changing college or school in September. I should start revision for the real exams during the Easter holidays.

Oh so does that mean ur retaking ur GCSEs?
Yes, it does for English and Maths and French anyway.
Reply 11

Can't you retake Maths and English in November?
I could have but I am not doing it at the same school as before and because of that I couldn’t.
It's not too bad. We had mocks before christmas and another set beginning of March. Not too stressed yet, hopefully it'll stay that way!
Reply 14

Oh so we're doing the same exams then! Good luck
Reply 15
Original post by ade22_
It's not too bad. We had mocks before christmas and another set beginning of March. Not too stressed yet, hopefully it'll stay that way!

Are you taking A-levels or re-taking your GCSEs?
How’s everyone revising English?
Looking at Bitesize and the revision books that I have. I don’t have mocks until April for English. I will start revising for them at the end of March after my birthday has gone by.
Original post by halsx11
Are you taking A-levels or re-taking your GCSEs?

Im in year 11, taking gcses for the first time
I'm just tired.

Quick Reply

Latest