The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I’ve got an interview at Bradford in a fortnight
Anyone got any offers? People through 5 year course at Manchester have had offers today just wondering if anyone on foundation had heard back as I haven’t
Original post by babbajung
Anyone got any offers? People through 5 year course at Manchester have had offers today just wondering if anyone on foundation had heard back as I haven’t

Neither have I
Interview invite from Keele for 6 year Medicine. 27 Feb. If im honest I’m nervous about Keele because it is *so* inconvenient- husband and I live in Leeds, and he’s in no way moveable, so it would mean living apart. :-(
Original post by Thedocswife
Interview invite from Keele for 6 year Medicine. 27 Feb. If im honest I’m nervous about Keele because it is *so* inconvenient- husband and I live in Leeds, and he’s in no way moveable, so it would mean living apart. :-(

I had an interview also but I decided to cancel after an offer from Manchester because it’s so inconvenient!! Hope it goes well tho!! Where else did you apply?
Lol - applied for GEM @ Warwick & Newcastle, 5yr@ Newcastle and 6yr @ Keele, plus Clinical Sciences Foundation at Bradford, which I’m interviewing for on Wednesday.

I’m set on *medicine* so if I were to get A104 Keele I’d have to try to make it work... but equally - Clinical Sciences at Bradford would let me reapply next year to HYMS, Leeds and maybe Newcastle gem - if I actually studied for UKCAT I reckon I could bring it up from 670. (I know it was a long shot for the GEM, but as a 30yo with multiple advanced degrees, it was worth the shot from the contextual side of things)
Original post by Thedocswife

I'm so confused because I haven't got any update on track from Keele
Original post by babbajung

Yeah I have no interviews or updates from UEA Norwich and Keele ):
Reply 88
Hey guys,
I’m in year 13 and I applied to psychology I have offers from UCL and KCL
But I really want to do medicine
The a levels I’m doing psychology biology and philosophy a level
I’m really aiming for AAA-A*AA
Would I have a chance of getting into these foundation year courses next year considering I take a gap year and o volunteering during the summer
Also, how were all of your experiences in applying for foundation year medicine
I wish you guys all good luck for your future! ❤️❤️
Reply 89
Hey i wanted to ask if manchester foundation year medicine looks at GCSE results as I'm predicted AAAA at alevel non science but got 65in science and 5 in maths and dont know if to apply or not ?? Please reply xx
Original post by sammyks
Hey i wanted to ask if manchester foundation year medicine looks at GCSE results as I'm predicted AAAA at alevel non science but got 65in science and 5 in maths and dont know if to apply or not ?? Please reply xx

Hi,

We require a minimum of 6 in your Maths GCSE and a double 6 your Science qualification, as indicated below:

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2020/01428/mbchb-medicine/entry-requirements/#course-profile

If you'd like to speak to our Medicine admissions team, you can contact them at 44 (0) 161 306 0211.
Original post by UoM_Enquiries
Hi,

We require a minimum of 6 in your Maths GCSE and a double 6 your Science qualification, as indicated below:

https://www.manchester.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/2020/01428/mbchb-medicine/entry-requirements/#course-profile

If you'd like to speak to our Medicine admissions team, you can contact them at 44 (0) 161 306 0211.

Hi does this course ever enter clearing/adjustment?
Original post by ahaha1233
Hi does this course ever enter clearing/adjustment?

Hi,

No, we do not offer this course in clearing/adjustment.
Reply 93
Hi mate. Really keen to hear how you’re getting on with applications? Can we speak? I’d be very happy to give you my number (private message me). Thank you

I’m from a non science background wanting to study medicine
Original post by zee07
Hi All, I am in the process of applying to medicine with foundation year course and was wondering who else is applying?
As well as what GCSE grades have you got, A-level grades if known, and UKCAT scores ?
I want this so badly!!!

Hi mate.
Reply 94
Original post by Whata
Hey guys,
Would I have a chance of getting into these foundation year courses next year considering I take a gap year and o volunteering during the summer

Hi. I would advise looking at each university's criteria for their foundation program because they often have additional non-academic criteria too, such as socio-economic background, current school rankings etc. but otherwise those predicted grades and volunteering would definitely boost your application. best of luck :smile:
Hello! I’m currently looking at the a104 course,how have you found it so far and how is it structured differently in terms of the course. For example is the first year mainly focused on catching up with the relevant science as I’m in the same situation of not taking chemistry but I’ve taken biology:smile:
Hey I got an offer with Biology, Psychology and Economics, predicted AAA. I’d say you have a chance if you reapply and take a gap year. But id say revise for the UKCAT now because I tried a week before and got an atrocious score😭 587.5 total. One last piece of advice, get WORK EXPERIENCE, THEY LOVE IT. I’d say volunteering st an elderly home or kids charity is good as it shows you care about people, and then get some at a hospital or GP too as they ask you to fill out a form with 2 work experiences and you need contact details for someone who can verify. Hope this helps and all the best🤗
My last message was aimed at you sorry, and I was talking about UEA as the specific university.
Original post by Whata
Hey guys,
Be aware that there are other 'Year 0' Medicine courses apart from just A104.

For instance, Gateway to Medicine (A108) at Bristol. This is a specifically Widening Participation course and so you must be going to one of their identified schools to apply for it. Other Unis also have A108 courses with other specific criteria like 'local applicants only' etc. Check them all out, not just those with 'Foundation' in the title.
Reply 99
Original post by KaasimAnwarr
Hey I got an offer with Biology, Psychology and Economics, predicted AAA. I’d say you have a chance if you reapply and take a gap year. But id say revise for the UKCAT now because I tried a week before and got an atrocious score😭 587.5 total. One last piece of advice, get WORK EXPERIENCE, THEY LOVE IT. I’d say volunteering st an elderly home or kids charity is good as it shows you care about people, and then get some at a hospital or GP too as they ask you to fill out a form with 2 work experiences and you need contact details for someone who can verify. Hope this helps and all the best🤗

Thank you so much I really appreciate this I was going to start preparing for ukcat after my a levels exams so next Monday and then sit it before results day at the end of August so if my uckat is bad I will just take up my offer it is good I will take a gap year I have like 3-4 weeks to revise not planning to go on holiday anyways I don’t know if that was a good plan or not

Latest

Trending

Trending