The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys!Does anybody know how does the one-term taster programme work ? Is there also a possibility to start it in this January (thus 2nd term). I am currently studying the IB at UWC Mahindra college of India, however I am not satisfied with the quality of teaching in my school.Also does anybody know what are the requirements for the taster and what is the transition from the taster to A-levels like ? Many thanks Jan international student from Slovakia UWC Mahindra College of India
Hey guys

Does anybody know what does the one-term taster involve ? Also is there a possibility to start it in the 2nd semester of this year in January ?
Lastly does the transition from the taster to A-levels involve ?

I am an international student from Slovakia studying at UWC Mahindra College of India, however I am considering the change due to poor academic teaching quality.

Many thanks
Jan
There is a January Intake program and I think you should make a initial enquiry for it. Basically you’ll do 3-4 AS subject and have the exams by May/June.
Haven’t quite seen people joining taster term.

Cheers
Chloe

Original post by JanPtacin
Hey Guys!Does anybody know how does the one-term taster programme work ? Is there also a possibility to start it in this January (thus 2nd term). I am currently studying the IB at UWC Mahindra college of India, however I am not satisfied with the quality of teaching in my school.Also does anybody know what are the requirements for the taster and what is the transition from the taster to A-levels like ? Many thanks Jan international student from Slovakia UWC Mahindra College of India
If I want to apply for the cardiff college, entering in 2019 September, when should I register?
Original post by Amorfati01
If I want to apply for the cardiff college, entering in 2019 September, when should I register?

As early as possible, it is not just registering for it but a series of exams
I applied to Cardiff, but I'm not sure if I really want to go there
Original post by cholelwt
As early as possible, it is not just registering for it but a series of exams

Could you tell me when is the deadline?
Original post by Amorfati01
Could you tell me when is the deadline?

There is no deadline, but the later you apply the less spaces there are
Reply 28
Hi,
I have also applied to CSFC and I am taking my exams next week. Is there a difference in exams if I am trying to get a scholarship?
Also, what is aptitude test (reasoning test) like?
Original post by LaraD1
Hi,
I have also applied to CSFC and I am taking my exams next week. Is there a difference in exams if I am trying to get a scholarship?
Also, what is aptitude test (reasoning test) like?

Yes and CAT4
Reply 30
Yes and CAT4

Thanks,
Do you know anything about the scholarship exams?
Original post by LaraD1
Thanks,
Do you know anything about the scholarship exams?

Depends on your fee paying status
I think the college website actually tells you how it is like but for mine it is an extra paper for each subject you are going to do in A Levels
Reply 32
Depends on your fee paying status
I think the college website actually tells you how it is like but for mine it is an extra paper for each subject you are going to do in A Levels

Ok,
Are you a student there already or are you applying just now as well?
Original post by LaraD1
Ok,
Are you a student there already or are you applying just now as well?

I’m a final year student💁🏽*♀️
If you scroll up you’ll see when did I get my offer
Hi there, im also interested in attending csfc in September 2019. Went to visit the sch earlier this month and was told really good things about it. But I just wanna know some honest opinions from a student currently studying there. How is it there? Is it true that most students go to top universities? Or are opportunities only reserved to the extra talented? How is the study and social life like ?
I just got accepted in csfc, I just wonder how's life there. Is it really tough and require a lot of effort that I'll likely be stressed out soon? I only have a few days to consider
Original post by Violinmd
I just got accepted in csfc, I just wonder how's life there. Is it really tough and require a lot of effort that I'll likely be stressed out soon? I only have a few days to consider

It’s not too stressful but they expect you to be kinda hardworking in the sense of getting good grades
There will be people who don’t revise and some who revise every moment
It’s more like your way of adapting

Your name makes me think of the Youtube Channel Violin MD🤔 are you two related
Haha this is a weird question but I just came across this chat and maybe I should ask about it. The uniform now seems a little different from the ones I see on the school web, like the ties? Also, for girls they wear black stockings but how thick were they? I know there are thicknesses like 80D or 120D. Thank you so much as I really wanna prepare for my next school year
Original post by Fighting123
Haha this is a weird question but I just came across this chat and maybe I should ask about it. The uniform now seems a little different from the ones I see on the school web, like the ties? Also, for girls they wear black stockings but how thick were they? I know there are thicknesses like 80D or 120D. Thank you so much as I really wanna prepare for my next school year

You choose your own thickness and the new ASes have new uniform but there has been issues with the manufacture so I’m not sure how that’s going to be
If it’s cold days I get my 80D ones but when it’s a hot summer day probs a 20D is fine
I see, thanks. People usually stay in ensuite single rooms or ensuite studio rooms? I guess ensuite single rooms are big enough and suitable if you're not cooking?

Latest