The Student Room Group

revision

how do you revise for english
English Literature or English Language ?
Original post by wesal

Make posters on themes and characters if it’s lit and theorists and terminology if it’s Lang
Original post by Hettahovee
Make posters on themes and characters if it’s lit and theorists and terminology if it’s Lang

Basically poster the crap out of what you’ve learnt and then make flash cards from those posters
For Lit make flash cards with key quotes on and try to learn them , you could pick out the key themes and get 2-4 quotes then pick out key character and get 2-4 quotes for each . Test your friends and try to include them in conversations you have ,or have quotation showdowns to see who knows the most quotes . You could also try watching the film adaptation s for your texts if there are any and try to link it to the book .For language you can download a dictionary app on your phone that gives you a word of the day and that can help you expand your vocabulary . Most importantly though do past papers because then you'll get accustomed to the way they ask questions . When. I did my GCSE I did a lot of practise questions and it turns out that one of the poetry comparison questions I did for practise is actually what came up in the GCSE
Mr Bruff's youtube channel teaches how to get top marks for GCSE english language and literature, so it's definitely worth checking out :smile:
Original post by wesal

Hey! Is there any past paper questions you can give a go and potentially ask your teacher to look at them?
This is what i did and it helped!
Let me know how you get on :smile:
Sophia

Quick Reply

Latest