The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

About application decision

Hi, my name is Muni, I come from China. I submitted my application to MSc Management at Warwick on Jan 30 and received the rejection letter today. It did not say reasons why I was rejected.

I understand the selection is very competitive. However, I do think I am a good candidate (bachelor GPA 3.8/4 or 91/100, GMAT 740, IELTS 8, with an exchange semester abroad and 2-year work experience in HR). Today I also shared my personal statement with an agent, and she said it does not have strong weakness.

I am really upset, and confused. I would highly appreciate it if someone can help me understand the reasons why I failed. I really want to get into Warwick, and am planning to apply to another programme. However, if there is any strong weakness that I am not aware has resulted in my failure, I guess I would fail my new application as well.

My boyfriend received an offer from Warwick today, while I was rejected. I thought Warwick is the best choice for both of us, but sadly received the rejection.

This is my first time using the student room. I am not sure if anyone from admission team or anyone with experience could help me understand my rejection reason and give me some advice on my next step?

Thank you so much.

Sincerely,
Muni
Have you tried calling admissions ?

They should be able to provide you some feedback upon request.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Original post by ESKETITTT
Have you tried calling admissions ?

They should be able to provide you some feedback upon request.

Hi, yes I called today, and also sent email. They said they would ask the selectors to see if they can give some feedback.
Did you go to a well ranked public institution in China?
Perhaps some of your grades were entered incorrectly or they had made a genuine mistake however it may be that your personal statement wasn’t competitive enough
Reply 4
Original post by Afterlife?
Did you go to a well ranked public institution in China?
Perhaps some of your grades were entered incorrectly or they had made a genuine mistake however it may be that your personal statement wasn’t competitive enough

Yes I went to the best foreign studies university in China. I dont think it's the grades as I have the transcript. Yes I agree it may be my PS... and I also think maybe I applied too late or this programme is actually for pre-professional experience students while I have 2 year work exp. I am waiting for the feedback from the school, wish they could tell me the reason.

Quick Reply

Latest