The Student Room Group

Should abortions be legal??

Now I’m probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but I don’t agree with abortions. Except maybe in extreme circumstances

Scroll to see replies

They are legal. Not sure how your lack of agreement is going to change that.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

Are they?? Even in the Uk??
Reply 3
I agree 100% with you. You’d be surprised by how much hate i get when people don’t actually read my point
Yes, of course!
What if birth control fails? Should they be forced to keep a foetus they actively planned against?

That's not the point of a normative question you donut.
This is the 21st century. If a woman wants to have a dozen abortions, she can do whatever the hell she likes.
Original post by iamlasagne
Now I’m probably gonna get a lot of hate for this but I don’t agree with abortions. Except maybe in extreme circumstances

Do you own a uterus?
No; shhh please.
Yes; do own another person's uterus? You don't have to have an abortion yourself... Its not a forced thing.
No; shhh please
Yes; what is going on in your life?!!!!

Erm, yes
Original post by HoldThisL
That's not the point of a normative question you donut.

Well the OP seems to think abortions are not legal in the UK, so...

How long have you been living under a rock for?
Well the OP seems to think abortions are not legal in the UK, so...

So what? OP is voicing disagreement not teaching law
I agree. If a woman wants to have 20 abortions and it is legal, it is her body. Who cares if a few weeks later those aborted feotuses could survive and grow into me and you? If it is legally allowed she has the right.

Woman, 27, left 'infertile' after having 17 abortions in six years
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-27-left-infertile-after-14050118
So what? OP is voicing disagreement not teaching law

I am also voicing an opinion so not quite why you felt the need to try to insult me
Original post by EmCharles
Do you own a uterus?
No; shhh please.
Yes; do own another person's uterus? You don't have to have an abortion yourself... Its not a forced thing.
No; shhh please
Yes; what is going on in your life?!!!!

I agree, but some people ask: What if you were needlessly aborted? A human developing in the womb with the potential only in a short space of time to independently enter the world, grow, love, learn and experience life in its fulness?
I agree. If a woman wants to have 20 abortions and it is legal, it is her body. Who cares if a few weeks later those aborted feotuses could survive and grow into me and you? If it is legally allowed she has the right.

Woman, 27, left 'infertile' after having 17 abortions in six years
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/woman-27-left-infertile-after-14050118

OP is promoting bigotry and stone aged ideology

No, OP is promoting a view you disagree with. There's no proof, consensus or intuition showing OP is stone aged or bigoted.

Once again, a woman having the right to an abortion is not what OP is disagreeing with. OP simply wasn't aware that that is the case in the UK. OP is disagreeing with the justification for having the legal right to an abortion,
No, OP is promoting a view you disagree with. There's no proof, consensus or intuition showing OP is stone aged or bigoted.

Once again, a woman having the right to an abortion is not what OP is disagreeing with. OP simply wasn't aware that that is the case in the UK. OP is disagreeing with the justification for having the legal right to an abortion,

Some say religion is dead, and people can now do whatever the hell they like.
I agree, but some people ask: What if you were needlessly aborted? A human developing in the womb with the potential only in a short space of time to independently enter the world, grow, love, learn and experience life in its fulness?

There were 100s of ways I could have aborted. Both naturally and medically induced. Miscarriages are technically abortions. I was the product of luck. We all are. My mother certainly had an abortion before me and my brother. Best choice for our family. 3 kids would have been too much. Or maybe me and my brother wouldn't have happened. Idk. Too many variables.
Some say religion is dead, and people can now do whatever the hell they like.

And that include respectful disagreement.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending