The Student Room Group

year 11 going out with a year12

I'm in year 11 and my boyfriend is in year 12 and for a while my Spanish teacher has bugging me saying that the combination isn't good for example today I was wiv him at lunch at the back of the field due to disapproval of my brother I can't have him see us together so we went at the back where he won't see us and lots of people were there and I was talking to my boyfriend as the had called me inside and was like this is inappropriate and I'm setting a bad example to year sevens and what would my parents say if they find out bearing in mind me and my boyfriend weren't even close and I felt embarrassed when she called me out and I had started to cry but was I on the wrong?

Scroll to see replies

you were just talking right?
Reply 2
Yh we were just talking like we also kept our distance
Reply 3
Yh we were just talking also we had a distance^
Reply 4
Yh we were just talking
Reply 5
Yh we were just talking we weren’t even close we kept a distance
Reply 6
Yes we were only talking
Reply 7
how old is he and how old are you?
Sounds like this teacher needs to keep her nose out. It's not like it's a Year 7 going out with someone in sixth form, you're only one academic year apart so it's really not a big deal age-wise.
Reply 9
Year 12 and Year 11?

It’s not like it’s a Year 12 and Year 8, there’s a one school year difference and not weird at all, he could be a day older than you.

Your teacher is being inappropriate and her behaviour is uncalled for, take no interest.
I’m 16 years old and he’s 17 years old and as was saying earlier I’m going through problems as my dad and my brother disagree and don’t approve of it so I had to be at the field so my brother wouldn’t see but she called me saying I’m influencing year 7s to do the same thing.
I’m 16 and he’s 17
that is not even a big deal, this happens all the time in our school. Your teacher was overreacting, just be like that you were asking for advice about GCSE's or something like that.
its completely fine??
It’s the second time this teachers come up to me telling me to break up
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 16 years old and he’s 17 years old and as was saying earlier I’m going through problems as my dad and my brother disagree and don’t approve of it so I had to be at the field so my brother wouldn’t see but she called me saying I’m influencing year 7s to do the same thing.

thats literally a year of difference. im struggling to figure out why the people around you see this as such a big deal.

im so sorry youre dealing with this, especially from a teacher. are there any higher ups you feel comfortable telling?
The thing is I feel scared to tell the higher ups as she’s apart of them also my Spanish teacher and I feel like she’ll make my life hell if I go tell someone.
Original post by todorokishouto
thats literally a year of difference. im struggling to figure out why the people around you see this as such a big deal.

im so sorry youre dealing with this, especially from a teacher. are there any higher ups you feel comfortable telling?

I feel scared to tell someone as she’s apart of one of the higher ups and she’s also my spanish teacher and I’m scared if she would make me life hell .
Original post by Anonymous
I feel scared to tell someone as she’s apart of one of the higher ups and she’s also my spanish teacher and I’m scared if she would make me life hell .

does your school have support systems in place? i.e my school has something called the bridge where you can report these things to...?
Original post by todorokishouto
does your school have support systems in place? i.e my school has something called the bridge where you can report these things to...?

I do but I’m scared

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending