The Student Room Group

Imperial or UCL?

This question is to help my friend. She is a prospective medic student. Her dilemma is that Imperial in her opinion doesn’t have as much diversity as UCL. As a girl coming from an Afro-Carribbean background, she is looking for gospel societies and African-Carribbean societies.

Imperial: she thinks the accomodation is amazing, the place on the league table is good, place in London is good and she recieves a £4000 bursary. The offer is AAA.

UCL: she thinks the accomodation is ‘disgustingly expensive’ and her loan wont cover it. She doesn’t like the accommodation and she recieves a £500 bursary. The offer would be AAB.

In general, she gravitates towards UCL because of the diversity despite its disadvantages in comparison to Imperial.

Is there anything you can tell me about the diversity at Imperial to help provide her with all the information before she makes her decision?
Original post by Anonymous
This question is to help my friend. She is a prospective medic student. Her dilemma is that Imperial in her opinion doesn’t have as much diversity as UCL. As a girl coming from an Afro-Carribbean background, she is looking for gospel societies and African-Carribbean societies.

Imperial: she thinks the accomodation is amazing, the place on the league table is good, place in London is good and she recieves a £4000 bursary. The offer is AAA.

UCL: she thinks the accomodation is ‘disgustingly expensive’ and her loan wont cover it. She doesn’t like the accommodation and she recieves a £500 bursary. The offer would be AAB.

In general, she gravitates towards UCL because of the diversity despite its disadvantages in comparison to Imperial.

Is there anything you can tell me about the diversity at Imperial to help provide her with all the information before she makes her decision?

if you are studying Medicine at Imperial you will have wayyyyy more important things to worry about than diversity. it is true though UCL will be better for things like that. neither uni will have that many black people though.
Reply 2
Bump!
What halls did she visit at UCL? There's a lot of different halls that vary in quality and price. I was at the cheapest possible and it was far from disgusting.
Reply 4
She meant disgustingly EXPENSIVE
Original post by Noodlzzz
What halls did she visit at UCL? There's a lot of different halls that vary in quality and price. I was at the cheapest possible and it was far from disgusting.
Reply 5
Frances Gardner, she said most of the accomodation is old and not modern.
Original post by Anonymous
She meant disgustingly EXPENSIVE

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending