The Student Room Group

Brexit - the national crisis?

Brexit has become one of the worst political disasters to ever happen to the UK, and this has partially been caused by Theresa May deciding to hold a general election before Brexit and losing the majority in Parliament. Now that the UK and the EU have agreed to extend Brexit have we found the path out of Brexit? Even if we do get an extension it doesn't mean that Parliament will pass a deal in Parliament as no deal currently on the table has a majority to back. And with lots of people blocking Theresa May's deal and want a no deal which would be catastrophic for the UK such as Jacob Rees Mogg. This national crisis has not been helped by countries around the world saying that Brexit is bad for the UK when in certain aspects it is not that bad, also companies do not have to pull out of the UK before Brexit because of Brexit as they have no idea if they will be affected or not and they assume that they will be affected so they take their companies and leave the UK. Also people signing petitions to revoke article which is not even possible at the moment and why would they ask for it?

This crisis looks like a tough one for the UK to solve, however if Parliament unites on a deal we can overcome this major problem.
Parliament will only unite on trying to stop the biggest democratic decision of our history, they are a bunch of charlatans.
Looking at the current circumstances I can see that Parliament are refusing to get a deal for the country because they think that having a no deal is better than Theresa May's deal.
Original post by ColinDent
Parliament will only unite on trying to stop the biggest democratic decision of our history, they are a bunch of charlatans.
Original post by TensorTympani
Looking at the current circumstances I can see that Parliament are refusing to get a deal for the country because they think that having a no deal is better than Theresa May's deal.

I'd say more of them would prefer to remain
True that backs up the point which papers have been making that MPs are not thinking about representing their constituents' opinions but their own opinion.
Original post by ColinDent
I'd say more of them would prefer to remain
True that backs up the point which papers have been making that MPs are not thinking about representing their constituents' opinions but their own opinion.

So you think Theresa and Boris should back rescinding Article 50 and Anna Soubry should champion Leave?
Sure, if you take it in that context then sure.
Original post by nulli tertius
So you think Theresa and Boris should back rescinding Article 50 and Anna Soubry should champion Leave?

Agreed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending