The Student Room Group

Maintenance loan for child of British Parent living in EU.

Hi, please can you tell me if I can (my child can) apply for a University maintenance loan if as a parent I live and work in the EU? I am a single parent, a British National and earn a low wage which I can prove, many thanks.
Original post by Amandamofrom!
Hi, please can you tell me if I can (my child can) apply for a University maintenance loan if as a parent I live and work in the EU? I am a single parent, a British National and earn a low wage which I can prove, many thanks.
Hi Amanda, is your child a UK national or do they have settled status? Thanks, Jason
Hi Jason, a UK National, currently living in the EU but has British Passport, many thanks.
Hi Amanda,

Has your child ever lived in the UK since birth? Where have they been living for the last 3 years and when do they plan to move to the UK? What academic year are they applying for?

Thanks, Drew
Hi Drew, thanks for your reply. Yes just after she was born in EU she lived in UK for just over 3yrs before returning to live in EU full time where she has also been for the last 3yrs, academic year 24/25 so can we apply for a maintenance loan? Many thanks
Hi Amandamofrom!,

Usually UK national customers would need to have 3 years residence in the UK before the 1st day of the academic year to be eligible for funding. However, your daughter would be eligible as they have exercised a right of residence in the EU. Student support will be available for courses starting up to 7 years from the last day of the Brexit transition period if the UK national customer has spent their residency period in the EU.

Thanks,
Calum
Thanks alot Calum for your reply.
Original post by Amandamofrom!
Thanks alot Calum for your reply.

You're welcome! If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending