I'm guessing practice papers and essays would help
Original post by manpreet.aujla
Does anyone have any revision tips/predictions for:
-Power & conflict
-Lord of the flies
-Jekyll & hyde
-Macbeth

Watch Mr Bruff on YouTube. He has multiple videos on all of these that are great.
-Power & conflict
-Lord of the flies
-Jekyll & hyde
-Macbeth

Also for the poetry, create a table, have the themes across the top and poems down the side and then tick the box for all relevant themes in each poem. The result will be a table where you can see which poems link with what.
LitCharts (app) is really good, has detailed character & plot stuff for Lord of the Flies & key quotes
Reply 5
I think it was Piggy
Original post by Amari_113
who identifies it is an island Initially was is piggy or Ralph
Reply 6
I think our teacher recommended that I need to start using it
Original post by hollyhd021202
LitCharts (app) is really good, has detailed character & plot stuff for Lord of the Flies & key quotes
Reply 7
I'm a bit unsure about which themes but I can check Mr Bruff and Mr Salles, thank you!
Original post by Chanpanda
Also for the poetry, create a table, have the themes across the top and poems down the side and then tick the box for all relevant themes in each poem. The result will be a table where you can see which poems link with what.
Reply 8
-Power & conflict
-Lord of the flies
-Jekyll & hyde
-Macbeth

I've heard a lot of people saying that the Lord of the Flies question will be on leadership. Its never been asked, and a major theme. Revise Jack, Ralph, Leadership, Power those are the 'hot topics'
Reply 9
Also, power and conflict poem I've heard is going to be about conflict as last year was power. Many predict poems such as Kamikaze and Emigree
-Power & conflict
-Lord of the flies
-Jekyll & hyde
-Macbeth
I think the main thing you can do for English is practice, practice writing essays and then you can improve on timing and analysis. As well as this, knowing your content is good, so re-reading the poems/books/plays. For memorising quotes, Quizlet is great or alternatively you can just stick particular quotes around your house. I also think it can be useful to make mind maps or posters based on character or theme, or even plan an essay based on character or theme. Good luck and hope this helps :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Rebekah_951
I've heard a lot of people saying that the Lord of the Flies question will be on leadership. Its never been asked, and a major theme. Revise Jack, Ralph, Leadership, Power those are the 'hot topics'

In the 2017 AQA paper they asked about how Ralph is portrayed as a leader. So at least for AQA (not sure about Edexcel, OCR, etc), that won't be coming up. I think they might ask about how Roger is presented (they haven't asked that in a while apparently, but not too sure) or how the island is portrayed in LOTF.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending