The Student Room Group

confused about AS Levels ...

Hey guys

I’m currently taking 4 subjects with the intent to drop one as an AS Level. My school has internal exams for which they’ll use to set our predicted grades and although they do not count for anything would the subject that I’m dropping even count for anything? Will it just be a grade that I’ll have to declare on UCAS, even though it doesn’t count as a qualification? :s-smilie:

thanks
No - you only declare it if you take the AS external exam.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Only external grades count on UCAS. So, its probs best to take 3 if you intend to drop one. Unless you start off with 4, and two months later decide to drop the subject you enjoy least.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Ah right, then yeah, you've not got much choice.
No worries, hope it goes well :hugs:
No worries :lovehug:

I thought u liked geog, are you gonna drop it
Okay whatever you think is best :h:

I understand you dont need the stress really

Best of luck :rave:
Your post did not say you were sitting EXTERNAL exams which you knew you were entered for. You will need to declare it ...
Reply 8
Okay, now that your question has been answered, here's mine. What are your A-level subjects?
Tbh there was no point in taking 4 a levels with the new A Level system because your "AS level grade" wouldn't count towards anything since its an internal exam rather than external. But if you like the subject, then that's fine but 4 a levels is a lot of work trust me.
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest