The Student Room Group

Art foundation - level 3 or 4?

really confused about the difference between an art foundation taken at level 3 or 4… im studying architecture in 2025 with deferred entry, and have already received an offer. with this in mind, should i be entering for an art foundation at my college at level 3 or 4? i understand level 3 provides ucas points but is there any benefit of this? i hear the courses are almost identical so what is the difference, why would i choose level 4? very confused haha
The courses are almost identical. The level 3 course is 2/3 at l3 and 1/3 at l4, the level 4 version is 1/3 at l3 and 2/3 at l4. They’re both bridging courses that go from level 3 to level 4 but one ramps up quicker than the other and the l3 version attracts tariff points
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
The courses are almost identical. The level 3 course is 2/3 at l3 and 1/3 at l4, the level 4 version is 1/3 at l3 and 2/3 at l4. They’re both bridging courses that go from level 3 to level 4 but one ramps up quicker than the other and the l3 version attracts tariff points
thank you for your response. to clarify, why would somebody choose level four? i can’t quite see what the benefits are…
Original post by jjjjjjosep
thank you for your response. to clarify, why would somebody choose level four? i can’t quite see what the benefits are…

Some colleges think it makes them look more advanced and so push it on students. And some students don't want to take another L3 qualification (even though it's not entirely L3 but a bridge to L4).

There's little to no benefit to students of taking the L4 version but that doesn't account for egos!

Quick Reply

Latest