The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
anyone know the timings for the offer holder day tomorrow?
you have to register between 9-9:30 and then it says it officially finishes at 3:30 however the last hour or so is exploring the medical school etc. so not sure if we'll be able to leave before 3:30
Original post by D96K_
anyone know the timings for the offer holder day tomorrow?
I Have cancelled my offer holder day, I won’t affect my application right
Original post by ShikaMekiFuka
I Have cancelled my offer holder day, I won’t affect my application right

Nope
Reply 1784
Thank you!!! :smile:
Original post by pugwash101
you have to register between 9-9:30 and then it says it officially finishes at 3:30 however the last hour or so is exploring the medical school etc. so not sure if we'll be able to leave before 3:30
Hi, I couldn't make the offer holder day, but was wondering which hospitals are attached to Leicester medical school, and how far away are they, is accommodation paid for if its a far distance away?
Reply 1786
Original post by Lilyfuturemedic
Hi, I couldn't make the offer holder day, but was wondering which hospitals are attached to Leicester medical school, and how far away are they, is accommodation paid for if its a far distance away?

Leicester royal, Glenfield, general - all in Leicester, free bus
Kettering, Burton, Lincoln, Northampton, +others, you get accommodation at
Original post by Lilyfuturemedic

To add to other reply most are between 45-90 minutes away. Your attachments there are with either one or two friends of your choosing. Most people manage to find somebody on the same attachment with a car. You can return to Leicester at weekends, or stay there. For hospital attachments, accommodation is on site - similar to uni halls (own room, shared kitchen).
How was the offer holder day ?
just back from the offer holder day and just firmed leicester! can’t wait! just need the grades now :s-smilie:
Reply 1790
Those who attended the offer day, did Leicester say anything about sending out more offers later?
Yes if anyone has any updates as still waiting to hear from Leicester
Original post by Jsaha
Those who attended the offer day, did Leicester say anything about sending out more offers later?
For those rejected, when they say in the email 'this is the full extent of the feedback we can offer you' if you ask for more feedback are they unable to give you any?
My son asked for cut off interview score, they have mailed him saying that it will be published in May.

Not sure if anyone who attended offer holder day, knows the cut off interview score ??
Original post by idek423
For those rejected, when they say in the email 'this is the full extent of the feedback we can offer you' if you ask for more feedback are they unable to give you any?
Based on the fact that they say: “this is the full extent of the feedback we can offer you” then I would suggest that if you asked for more feedback they would refuse, as that is what that statement infers, quite clearly.
Original post by idek423
What was the cut off?
mind if I ask what his interview score was?
Original post by San 5789
My son asked for cut off interview score, they have mailed him saying that it will be published in May.

Not sure if anyone who attended offer holder day, knows the cut off interview score ??
Does anyone know if you need to get a separate DBS enhanced check for both firm and insurance university choices? Have to pay for each one and we’ve had the paperwork arrive to complete for the firm choice but Leicester is insurance so wondering if need to do one for there as well as they’re £62 each!
Original post by Crunchie12
Does anyone know if you need to get a separate DBS enhanced check for both firm and insurance university choices? Have to pay for each one and we’ve had the paperwork arrive to complete for the firm choice but Leicester is insurance so wondering if need to do one for there as well as they’re £62 each!

A DBS check doesn't have an expiry date, but some authorities like the request to go through their own process.

The Leicester website says that they send out information about how to apply for it in August. I assume that's after A level results are in. Maybe just wait until you know whether it's needed. I know my daughter only applied for one check when she started Med School.
Has anyone heard nothing at all?
I'm still waiting

Latest

Trending

Trending