The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL course for adjustment 2019 possibility?

So in the final exams of last year which determined our predicted grades I didn't achieve exactly great. Around that time I fell really ill and didn't work as much and ended up with mediocre set of grades though before I was doing pretty well. I want to apply to a course in UCL (Human Sciences) but they ask for grades higher than my predicted. I know I can do better so is it possible that if I were to get the desired grades in the real thing that I could go to UCL for adjustment? And another thing - how likely is it that there is that course open for adjustment? I'm worried; if they don't appear on the website to be open for adjustment does that mean my chances are completely over? or is it worth trying a phone call?
thanks in advance! :smile:
Hey, UCL seldom has the spaces (in any course) for adjustment/clearing but you can always try and phone them- you never know. If not, you could take a year out and start in 2020 instead which would be totally worth it if it's your dream! (I'm at UCL so feel free to AMA)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Can you ask to take another exam to boost your grades?
Actually I'm hoping to get on the same UCL course through adjustment 😂 but I'm resitting my A-levels so I really don't want to wait another year hahaha
Reply 4
Original post by ecemyasar
Actually I'm hoping to get on the same UCL course through adjustment 😂 but I'm resitting my A-levels so I really don't want to wait another year hahaha

I’m in the exact same situation. I contacted them to ask how likely it is that life science courses will be available through adjustment and they said they won’t know until results day
Original post by marnalarn
Hey, UCL seldom has the spaces (in any course) for adjustment/clearing but you can always try and phone them- you never know. If not, you could take a year out and start in 2020 instead which would be totally worth it if it's your dream! (I'm at UCL so feel free to AMA)

Not OP but what accommodation are you in/were you in for first year and what’s it like?
Original post by saffarinda
Not OP but what accommodation are you in/were you in for first year and what’s it like?

Hey, I've lived in Garden Halls for 2 years and I love it :smile: It's super central, really modern, and reasonably priced considering the location and overall housing market in London. I have a Standard superior room, so I'm self-catered with a toilet in my room, and shared showers- works really well for me.
Reply 7
Hey, I've lived in Garden Halls for 2 years and I love it :smile: It's super central, really modern, and reasonably priced considering the location and overall housing market in London. I have a Standard superior room, so I'm self-catered with a toilet in my room, and shared showers- works really well for me.

If I were to get into UCL through adjustment, I would love to be in to Garden Halls!

Ah garden halls looks gorgeous but it’s too expensive for me! I’m hoping for John Adams or Astor College - I have a friend who applied for Garden Halls though so I think I’ll just be spending all my time around there :wink:
Original post by saffarinda
Ah garden halls looks gorgeous but it’s too expensive for me! I’m hoping for John Adams or Astor College - I have a friend who applied for Garden Halls though so I think I’ll just be spending all my time around there :wink:

I'm self catered so it's actually really similar to John Adams prices. I'm not sure how much Astor is but it's being refurbished for this September so should be lovely! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending