The Student Room Group

Gcse 2019 ramadan

So Ramadan is 5th May to 4th June
Exams are 13th May to 14th June, for me.

How is everyone gonna schedule stuff around.

Like you got Tararweeh, which you could do at home,
but then Iftar takes up a decent bit of evening time
Not to mention the sleep cycles will be utterly messed up for Suhur, waking up middle of the night for that! I probs can't go back to sleep for nerves and stuff, but if I keep doing that, I'll get NO sleep and then mess up my head for exams even more.

I can do without water in exams and a good suhur will mean no need for breakfast obvs.

Obvs, fasting during exams = more reward and stuff and hoepfully prayers will help us, but how we gonna manage time?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
you study in boarding?
Original post by Randoman019
So Ramadan is 5th May to 4th June
Exams are 13th May to 14th June, for me.

How is everyone gonna schedule stuff around.

Like you got Tararweeh, which you could do at home,
but then Iftar takes up a decent bit of evening time
Not to mention the sleep cycles will be utterly messed up for Suhur, waking up middle of the night for that! I probs can't go back to sleep for nerves and stuff, but if I keep doing that, I'll get NO sleep and then mess up my head for exams even more.

I can do without water in exams and a good suhur will mean no need for breakfast obvs.

Obvs, fasting during exams = more reward and stuff and hoepfully prayers will help us, but how we gonna manage time?

Revise in the mornings 8/9am till afternoon.

Ask your parents that you cant go taraweh, because you need sleep for your exams.

Have suhur around 12 midnight then go to bed
(edited 5 years ago)
Exactly what I was gonna say.
Original post by SuperHuman98

Ask your parents that you don't want to go taraweh, because you need sleep for your exams.

Reply 4
I just go for taraweh, revise till suhoor. sleep then wake up for exams. after exam revise more then go mosque for 2 hours, come back after iftar go taraweh. That's what I did for GCSE and what I will be doing for my A levels.
No
Original post by Jeff246
you study in boarding?
How would I revise at 8/9am? I have exams
Original post by SuperHuman98

Ask your parents that you cant go taraweh, because you need sleep for your exams.

Sounds like a plan
What did you get in your GCSEs and what are you doing for A-levels can I ask?
Original post by ibyghee
I just go for taraweh, revise till suhoor. sleep then wake up for exams. after exam revise more then go mosque for 2 hours, come back after iftar go taraweh. That's what I did for GCSE and what I will be doing for my A levels.
Reply 8
Sounds like a plan
What did you get in your GCSEs and what are you doing for A-levels can I ask?

eek, got an 8 in maths A in chemistry and B in all the rest. Doing Maths Physics and History for A-levels predicted an AAA.

Obvs, fasting during exams = more reward and stuff

How does that work exactly?
Original post by That'sGreat

Like you went through the pain of fasting while doing exams, so you worked harder to achieve it.
Original post by ibyghee
Like you went through the pain of fasting while doing exams, so you worked harder to achieve it.

Yeah but what's the reward?
Yeah but what's the reward?

Good deeds I guess
if you feel like you really really cant concentrate and it would ruin your grades you dont have to fast. however if you dont fast just because you have exams then thats wrong

Because when you are fasting, you are sacrificing food and water for a whole month for God and you try to read more Quran and praying more so you can get more good deeds as deeds are multiplied in the month of Ramadhan. So if you are doing exams and fasting, Allah will help you because of all you are doing in the sake of God. My dad always tells me that even though being in an exam without water is hard, imagine the amount of good deeds you are getting every second you struggle without water. It's amazing.
i'm not going to fast because my mind doesn't work with lack of food and my sleep schedule is fu***** up anyway. im going to make it all up in the summer hopefully :smile:
Original post by ibyghee
eek, got an 8 in maths A in chemistry and B in all the rest. Doing Maths Physics and History for A-levels predicted an AAA.

Jeez well done
Very true that

Original post by TarekHelmy
if you feel like you really really cant concentrate and it would ruin your grades you dont have to fast. however if you dont fast just because you have exams then thats wrong
Original post by mockin'jay
Because when you are fasting, you are sacrificing food and water for a whole month for God and you try to read more Quran and praying more so you can get more good deeds as deeds are multiplied in the month of Ramadhan. So if you are doing exams and fasting, Allah will help you because of all you are doing in the sake of God. My dad always tells me that even though being in an exam without water is hard, imagine the amount of good deeds you are getting every second you struggle without water. It's amazing.

So Allah will give you good grades because you fasted during them?
You know you dont have to fast if it will cause you great difficulty aside from what it normally does, right?

Quick Reply

Latest