The Student Room Group

AQA A Level History: The Tudors - England, 1485 - 1603 7042/1C - 21 May 2019

Exam thread for breadth paper

Scroll to see replies

Hello, how do you revise for this paper?
Quite worried for this one as religion and government especially has a lot of content to remember
Reply 3
Am not looking forward to this paper, just did a mock and I didn't have time to revise everything so I got a C, it isn't bad though. It was the 2018 paper and I didn't like it at all, at least it wasn't my real one:smile:
any predictions anyone?
Hopefully Foreign Policy
How do you revise the economic/social and government parts of the course? I'm really struggling lol, I feel like I've focused way too much on foreign policy and rebellion...
Reply 7
Original post by wastedcuriosity
How do you revise the economic/social and government parts of the course? I'm really struggling lol, I feel like I've focused way too much on foreign policy and rebellion...

I feel the same, definitely struggling with Tudors the most at the moment. Maybe try making a list of each topic for each monarch that you struggle with and then make mindmaps about it or write it out? That’s what I’m doing. Also YouTube helps me too
ah I did this paper last year. Memories...
Original post by CoolCavy
Exam thread for breadth paper
Reply 9
Original post by thedoctorwhovian
Hopefully Foreign Policy

Didn’t foreign policy come up 2017 ?
Can you recommend any of the YouTube videos ?
Original post by yaspp
I feel the same, definitely struggling with Tudors the most at the moment. Maybe try making a list of each topic for each monarch that you struggle with and then make mindmaps about it or write it out? That’s what I’m doing. Also YouTube helps me too
Reply 11
Original post by Laurmayy
Can you recommend any of the YouTube videos ?

History with Hilbert is good, he does like ten min videos on the entirety of each monarch, obviously it’s not sufficient revision just to watch those but I find they help me if I want a brief overview of things. He also does a few longer videos which are good. I find if you just type in a monarch or topic you’re struggling in something tends to come up which is helpful:smile:
Thank you, really appreciate it !
Original post by yaspp
History with Hilbert is good, he does like ten min videos on the entirety of each monarch, obviously it’s not sufficient revision just to watch those but I find they help me if I want a brief overview of things. He also does a few longer videos which are good. I find if you just type in a monarch or topic you’re struggling in something tends to come up which is helpful:smile:
Reply 13
Does anyone have any predictions for this years paper? :smile:
Original post by Nai_mk
Does anyone have any predictions for this years paper? :smile:

My teacher thinks Elizabethan foreign policy is likely!
Oh noooo. The war with Spain and the Mary Queen of Scots business
Original post by wastedcuriosity
My teacher thinks Elizabethan foreign policy is likely!
Obviously anything could come up :

However likely topics include

Elizabeth Foreign Policy- never been examined
Elizabeth rebellions
Henry VII government
Henry VIII religion

I really hope society does not come up.
Update: My teacher reckons Elizabeth foreign policy is most likely gonna come up as well now.
I think these are good predictions from what has come up before. Previously questions have been on Mid-Tudor crisis, H7 consolidation H8 government, religious change from Edward to Liz, H7 foreign policy, H8 ministers and Elizabeth economy and society. Hopefully, this means we will get a question on an area that hasn't been examined before like Elizabethan foreign policy!
Original post by Ryan Nordan
Obviously anything could come up :

However likely topics include

Elizabeth Foreign Policy- never been examined
Elizabeth rebellions
Henry VII government
Henry VIII religion

I really hope society does not come up.
Reply 19
Foreign policy came up last year so there are people reckoning it'll be religion this year, this paper is definitely the worst of my history papers :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending