The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel like they’re going to miss their grades?

First exam in a week and I really feel like I’m not gonna achieved my predicted grades. There’s so much that I don’t know, and it’s very much a luck of the questions that could mean I end up doing worse or better than expected.
Anyone else feeling the same?
Original post by Lperry2001
First exam in a week and I really feel like I’m not gonna achieved my predicted grades. There’s so much that I don’t know, and it’s very much a luck of the questions that could mean I end up doing worse or better than expected.
Anyone else feeling the same?

Did you not revise?
Feel exactly the same, can't sleep with the anxiety I'm getting because the reality is im not in a good place to be taking exams and i dont know the majority of the content.
Reply 3
Original post by Soul Wavel3ngth
Did you not revise?

I have revised. Significantly more than I did for GCSEs but it might just not be enough
Reply 4
Original post by Studyfinn
Feel exactly the same, can't sleep with the anxiety I'm getting because the reality is im not in a good place to be taking exams and i dont know the majority of the content.

If it makes you feel better, I haven’t slept through the night in weeks.
And it’s never too late to start revision- every little bit helps.
Also, if you go to mind.org they have contact numbers for anxiety crisis texting, I’ve found them really helpful :smile:
I have revised. Significantly more than I did for GCSEs but it might just not be enough

Thought you were in year 11 lol
Reply 6
Nope yr 13 where it actually matters. I’m doomed.
But GCSEs were easy, I just should have tried harder
Honestly, I thought I was the only one feeling this way as I'm not seeing many others talk about it. I'm so terrified I'm not going to meet my grades. Everyone keeps telling me I should have nothing to worry about and that I'll exceed the grades I need, but I honestly feel I like I might just slip. My GCSE grades were decent, I didn't revise too hard and I got almost all A*, but with A-levels, I feel like I have left it all too late as that was what I did with GCSE's and it worked. And now the anxiety of not getting into med and disappointing everyone is keeping me up all night and further preventing me from revising to the best of my abilities.
Reply 8
Original post by justwannadomed
Honestly, I thought I was the only one feeling this way as I'm not seeing many others talk about it. I'm so terrified I'm not going to meet my grades. Everyone keeps telling me I should have nothing to worry about and that I'll exceed the grades I need, but I honestly feel I like I might just slip. My GCSE grades were decent, I didn't revise too hard and I got almost all A*, but with A-levels, I feel like I have left it all too late as that was what I did with GCSE's and it worked. And now the anxiety of not getting into med and disappointing everyone is keeping me up all night and further preventing me from revising to the best of my abilities.

I feel EXACTLY the same. I think the best thing to do is keep positive and do your best
My teachers always say that you’ll end up where you’re meant to be.
But if I don’t get my grades, kinda feel like results day will be the end of the world
GUYS GUYS GUYS.

I know exactly how you all feel (year 13, a levels soon, next to nothing revision....)

HOWEVER, ITS NEVER TOO LATE! WE CAN ALL DO THIS.

1. take a big deep BREATH!
2. write down all your worries so its there, you can physically see it
3. just know that you will do the BEST in your situation from now on
4. take it all a step at a time and just be clever in how you organise your time i.e time tables, priority lists for weaker subjects
5. PRACTISE PRACTISE AND MOREEEEE PRACTISE now past papers will be YOUR BFFF

it will be okay even if you don't feel it. things always work out in the end, remember when you thought you couldn't get through a day, a rough time? YOU ARE HERE STILL AND YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THIS FOR SUREEE!

we got this, sending all my love and hugs and positive vibes :biggrin:

SEND ME A PM ALWAYS HERE X
Reply 10
I got ABD in my mocks in January but need ABB for my uni. I didn’t do much revision for mocks but I think I got lucky with the questions.
Have you looked at foundation years at unis? I’m doing one for engineering as I don’t take maths alevel but for my particular uni I have to get the same grades as people going straight into the degree. However, most foundation years accept lower grades if you’re really worried
Reply 11
Original post by thatbeech
GUYS GUYS GUYS.

I know exactly how you all feel (year 13, a levels soon, next to nothing revision....)

HOWEVER, ITS NEVER TOO LATE! WE CAN ALL DO THIS.

1. take a big deep BREATH!
2. write down all your worries so its there, you can physically see it
3. just know that you will do the BEST in your situation from now on
4. take it all a step at a time and just be clever in how you organise your time i.e time tables, priority lists for weaker subjects
5. PRACTISE PRACTISE AND MOREEEEE PRACTISE now past papers will be YOUR BFFF

it will be okay even if you don't feel it. things always work out in the end, remember when you thought you couldn't get through a day, a rough time? YOU ARE HERE STILL AND YOU CAN MAKE IT THROUGH THIS FOR SUREEE!

we got this, sending all my love and hugs and positive vibes :biggrin:

SEND ME A PM ALWAYS HERE X

Loving the positive thinking! Just what I needed 😊
I feel EXACTLY the same. I think the best thing to do is keep positive and do your best
My teachers always say that you’ll end up where you’re meant to be.
But if I don’t get my grades, kinda feel like results day will be the end of the world

That’s some good advice from the teachers but regarding that I’ve kinda screwed myself over by putting both my firm and insurance as unis that need AAA. I had an ABB offer but really couldn’t imagine myself there.
I guess we have to think the worst case scenario is clearing, where you still get to uni. That’s not an option for me, so there’s the other alternative of doing a gap year and resitting where you have so much more time and you already have the knowledge of the subjects. Plenty of people take gap years so that shouldn’t be a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending