The Student Room Group

Am i wrong

I have been in a relationship with my 2nd baby daddy named Jimmy for 6 years. During this time we have had 2 kids, i have 2 kids from prev relationship. I have 4 kids in total. Jimmy has been an alcoholic during our whole relationship. We have BOTH broke up multiple times over trust issues. During our breakups-we both would see other people and then get back together and make each other suffer for it. I continue to think he was cheating all the time.. in reality he was disconnected because of the alcohol. Recently his mom was diagnosed w cancer. He quit his job an moved to his moms to take care of her. During these 3 months she declined rapidly and he distanced his self from me. His free time when he wasn't taking care of his mom was going to his cousins and drinkin instead of coming to see the kids and i . The hospice nurse bought him a bday cake and i got really jealous because i was being stupid and thought the worst . LIke how did she even know it was his bday... and then she texted him happy bday @ 4am... and so i insinuated that those two had something going on. I regret it because his mom did end up passing away. He moved back home and continued to drink more. I would vent to my male friends {which i wasn't allowed to have} and Jimmy found out i was talkin crap about him and his drinking and he got sober for only 6 weeks . He asked me to see my phone one night and i didn't want him to because i hadn't deleted convos between me and my sister talkin about him and his detoxing-drinking pattern. He left me and we been broken up ever since. I am very depressed. I now am working and taking care of the kids all alone. he sees them once a week. He calls me names-slut,*****, hoe. He says its my fault we didn't work out. I was the one talkin to other guys ****in them. I was talkin to other guys but not like in a sexual matter. I hid things from him which that was wrong. I feel so guilty and like ****. Now his uncle passed. He says im not there for him but he pushes me away? Am i in the wrong? Do i fight for my relationship? Do i leave him alone since he broke up with me... He still texts me negative stuff. - "yeah okay whore" and this and that. He doesn't want to work it out. He feels as if i did him dirty and im a hoe. I feel bad dude . I want him back-but sober... he doesn't want me back. Do i move on ? how do i move on? Please help me guys
This relationship seems quite toxic and I don't think it's healthy for either of you. The best thing to do is move on but work together as friends to help raise your children. You cannot make someone be what they don't want to be, if he wants to stop drinking then he will of his own accord.
Reply 2
thank you , moving on isn't easy. I feel very guilty as if its my fault it ended.
Original post by woof1012
This relationship seems quite toxic and I don't think it's healthy for either of you. The best thing to do is move on but work together as friends to help raise your children. You cannot make someone be what they don't want to be, if he wants to stop drinking then he will of his own accord.
why did u break with first gut, and ngl he is probs being dickl cos of so many deaths, go to his play and just kiss him and than say sorry and than explain y u didnt let him see th phone, and hat u shoul be allowed to talk to boys ad if he want he say he can check your phone to gain his trust, but are yod sexually pleased when he wasnt drinking, but at the end of the day you known more so trust ur gut, and how old are you kids, if they r old enough as their opinion x
Original post by xstina702
I have been in a relationship with my 2nd baby daddy named Jimmy for 6 years. During this time we have had 2 kids, i have 2 kids from prev relationship. I have 4 kids in total. Jimmy has been an alcoholic during our whole relationship. We have BOTH broke up multiple times over trust issues. During our breakups-we both would see other people and then get back together and make each other suffer for it. I continue to think he was cheating all the time.. in reality he was disconnected because of the alcohol. Recently his mom was diagnosed w cancer. He quit his job an moved to his moms to take care of her. During these 3 months she declined rapidly and he distanced his self from me. His free time when he wasn't taking care of his mom was going to his cousins and drinkin instead of coming to see the kids and i . The hospice nurse bought him a bday cake and i got really jealous because i was being stupid and thought the worst . LIke how did she even know it was his bday... and then she texted him happy bday @ 4am... and so i insinuated that those two had something going on. I regret it because his mom did end up passing away. He moved back home and continued to drink more. I would vent to my male friends {which i wasn't allowed to have} and Jimmy found out i was talkin crap about him and his drinking and he got sober for only 6 weeks . He asked me to see my phone one night and i didn't want him to because i hadn't deleted convos between me and my sister talkin about him and his detoxing-drinking pattern. He left me and we been broken up ever since. I am very depressed. I now am working and taking care of the kids all alone. he sees them once a week. He calls me names-slut,*****, hoe. He says its my fault we didn't work out. I was the one talkin to other guys ****in them. I was talkin to other guys but not like in a sexual matter. I hid things from him which that was wrong. I feel so guilty and like ****. Now his uncle passed. He says im not there for him but he pushes me away? Am i in the wrong? Do i fight for my relationship? Do i leave him alone since he broke up with me... He still texts me negative stuff. - "yeah okay whore" and this and that. He doesn't want to work it out. He feels as if i did him dirty and im a hoe. I feel bad dude . I want him back-but sober... he doesn't want me back. Do i move on ? how do i move on? Please help me guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending