The Student Room Group

Would a 22 year old dating a 19 year old be considered an ephebophile?

I just saw the meaning of ephebophile which means adults who attracted to girls who are 15-19. I am a 22 year old guy and I had been chatting with this girl(lets call her B) on Instagram and she is in 1st year of college and she is 19 now and I am in last year of college. We used to be in the same school but didn't know her during my school days and now we are in different colleges but her college is very near from my home and we had been chatting only since 28th May 2023. We share everything like memes, what we did in classes, funny memories, virtual hugs etc. I think I started liking her and I wanna ask her out but after seeing that meaning I am afraid whether that will make me an ephebophile for liking B? I only prefer girls in the 18-28 age range and only the ones are college age and older. I also asked out my childhood friend (lets call her A) who is 21 turning 22 soon but she isn't that active on Instagram so still no reply about when we can meet even though she agreed to meet up. Is it really ephebophilia for a 22 year old to date an 18/19 year old?
The question is, why would it matter what it's called? There's nothing at all wrong with a 19 year old dating a 22 year old. It's a very normal age gap. If you want to slap a label on it, go ahead I guess, but I can assure you there's no problem with your situation so... :dontknow:
Reply 2
The other week you were worrying she might find a boyfriend, now it's a problem that she's 19? Why haven't you asked her out? How many more excuses will you find?

Or are you still in love with A? Have you not resolved that little situation yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Surnia
The other week you were worrying she might find a boyfriend, now it's a problem that she's 19? Why haven't you asked her out? How many more excuses will you find?

Or are you still in love with A? Have you not resolved that little situation yet?

I am just overthinking a lot. I am afraid about rejection after 3 recent rejections. A still haven't replied about when we can meet and its been almost 3 weeks and I have no other way of contacting her. I chat with B daily but I am afraid that what if she blocks me if I ask her out. I feel like I am running out of time as I have exams next month so I will be busy with them.
Original post by Anonymous
I just saw the meaning of ephebophile which means adults who attracted to girls who are 15-19. I am a 22 year old guy and I had been chatting with this girl(lets call her B) on Instagram and she is in 1st year of college and she is 19 now and I am in last year of college. We used to be in the same school but didn't know her during my school days and now we are in different colleges but her college is very near from my home and we had been chatting only since 28th May 2023. We share everything like memes, what we did in classes, funny memories, virtual hugs etc. I think I started liking her and I wanna ask her out but after seeing that meaning I am afraid whether that will make me an ephebophile for liking B? I only prefer girls in the 18-28 age range and only the ones are college age and older. I also asked out my childhood friend (lets call her A) who is 21 turning 22 soon but she isn't that active on Instagram so still no reply about when we can meet even though she agreed to meet up. Is it really ephebophilia for a 22 year old to date an 18/19 year old?

I think you know what you're saying is wrong, which is why you're using the anonymous chat function, it is only a 3 year age gap and both of you are adults, so what's the issue? Trying to lump adults with children is wrong and disgusting. Why are you so concerned about terminology that creeps and paedophiles use? What are you trying to suggest about yourself?
19 is a grown adult woman

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending