The Student Room Group

UK Muslims angrily protest against tolerance and diversity

[video]https://youtu.be/WUbCTqVM0PU[/video]

Worth watching. “God created man, then he created woman for man’s pleasure” sums up their mentality quite well.

Title is a little more click bait than I intended. Conservative UK Muslims would be a better description.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's naked bigotry.Its gone on for too long now and it should be shut down tbh.Its a disgrace that the school actually suspended it's "no outsiders" program because of this.
Original post by Camiggio x
Not a Muslim but Ive got sympathy with them. Schools are indoctrination children to make them believe unhealthy lifestyle is okay.

Muslims have absolutely no right at all to complain about the indoctrination of children tbh.
Reply 3
As a Muslim myself, I don't think this is right. An important thing in Islam is tolerance and this quite the opposite. Although I can assure you, we all don't have the mentality that: “God created man, then he created woman for man’s pleasure”. So stop stereotyping or generalising, not even us but anyone.
lol I’ve studied islam and read many of the verses from the Quran and it does not teach that God Create man for women’s pleasure. That guy is dumb. It teaches that God created men and women in pairs, equals.
"My child, my choice" - so take your child out of that school then? :rolleyes:
And the people whose kids aren't even in the school have no right to be there.
Reply 6
as a muslim , homosexual is not illegal in islam and nothing wrong with it and women are human being "not to plesure men" .
(edited 4 years ago)
The accepted Islam teachings about homosexuality and women is terrible. (I know many Muslims don't share them.)

But they do have a point about this new obsession with teaching little kids about things such as transgenderism and sexuality, which are almost non-issues for people their age and probably confuse more than help them.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by jamesbarry17
The accepted Islam teachings about homosexuality and women is terrible. (I know many Muslims don't share them.)

But they do have a point about this new obsession with teaching little kids about things such as transgenderism and sexuality, which are almost non-issues for people their age and probably confuse more than help them.

I suspect it's so that they don't end up turning out like their parents evidently have.And it's not really confusing tbh.You are conflating being young with being thick.Its not like they are going in depth with the discussion.Literally all they are saying is that some people are gay and others aren't.And they are teaching it in an age appropriate way.
Original post by AJ126
Muslims have absolutely no right at all to complain about the indoctrination of children tbh.

About to make the same point. The irony of the parents with signs saying "education not indoctrination" :biggrin:

YCNMIU

And for people saying they have a point, no they don't. You are not going to catch The Gay being taught that different people exist. Relax.
Reply 10
Original post by SoCraZy
An important thing in Islam is tolerance

This is simply not true. If you mean "an important thing to some Muslims is tolerance", I would agree with you. However, Islam (ie. the contents of the Quran and sunnah) is intolerant of beliefs and behaviour that contradict or oppose Islamic teachings.
Reply 11
Original post by annoymous_
lol I’ve studied islam and read many of the verses from the Quran and it does not teach that God Create man for women’s pleasure. That guy is dumb. It teaches that God created men and women in pairs, equals.

This is one of the problems with Islam, the Quran and sunnah are often vague, ambiguous and contradictory. There may not be a specific ayah or Hadith that says "God created woman for man's pleasure", but the concept can certainly be inferred from several passages, like "Your wives are a field for you, so come into that field as you will" and "a wife who denies her husband sex will be cursed by the angels" and "If a wife refuses her husband's call to bed, Allah will be angry with her until she has pleased her husband".
Reply 12
Original post by jamesbarry17

These issues are facts of life, and prejudice against them often develops in people before they hear a reasonable and tolerant argument.
I really don't see the problem with teaching tolerance at any age, even as young as Reception. If they are "non-issues", what harm can it possibly do? Being taught tolerance and acceptance of others who are different is not confusing for children because that is how they behave naturally, until adults or older children teach them otherwise - which is where the confusion comes from.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Pachuco
And for people saying they have a point, no they don't. You are not going to catch The Gay being taught that different people exist. Relax.

^This.
It's like saying that they don't want their child to learn about 1930s Germany in History in case they become a Nazi.
This angers me so much because I actually live in Birmingham and know people like this. THESE FAMILIES CHOSE to move to the UK (from the home Muslim countries) knowing it's an active atheist and LGBTQ country, it was their decision and knew exactly what they were doing. And for some reason, they're mad that LGBTQ is in UK culture and being in the education system. If you don't like it return to Pakistan or whatever country of there origin, NO ONES FORCING YOU TO BE IN AN LGBTQ COUNTRY. I genuinely wouldn't have a problem with immigration if this didn't happen - failure to assimilate. If there are so against this lifestyle go to a country which caters to your needs.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Trotsky's Iceaxe
[video]https://youtu.be/WUbCTqVM0PU[/video]

Worth watching. “God created man, then he created woman for man’s pleasure” sums up their mentality quite well.

Title is a little more click bait than I intended. Conservative UK Muslims would be a better description.

im a muslim and that quote makes me sick.
It's so silly
Original post by annoymous_

a lot of people, even muslims do not read the religious book properly and create very stupid assumptions hearing from other people about the rules etc.
Bigotry and intolerance hiding under the thin veil of religion - not today/ever thanks :smile:
Original post by FreeSpeechB
You really aren't that clever are you?
The UK is not a secular state, the monarch promises to uphold Christianity, which is why the Church of England's leaders can vote on legislation in parliament and religious schools are allowed to select based on religion.

This has got nothing to do with LGBTQ+ and the people who stand for the rights of LGBTQ+ are way more dangerous in their thinking as neo-Marxists than Muslims will ever be in practicing their fundamental religious values. Under their deconstructionist thinking, there can never be peace as everyone is either an oppressor or oppressed.

Secondly, a vast number of Muslims fought for this country in the First world war and the Second world war. Many of them achieved the Victoria Cross, Britain's highest honour. The British army invaded the Asian continent long before Asians settled here. I didn't choose to be born in this country as the 3rd generation to be here, but I was and I'm grateful. Be grateful for Asians because without us, your ancestors probably would have died. And how many Muslims are doctors that keep you racist fools alive? And aren't we all descendants from black people in Africa anyway?

Have a bit of love in your black heart.

Bit rich from you talking about a black heart tbh

Asians fought in the war is literally unrelated to this, this is about bigotry supported falsely by culture and religion leading you to conclude it is more dangerous than marxism? right... :colonhash:

this is not respect for your religion but human decency and the actual facts that people are different
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending