The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

How did it go today guys?
what a dumb extract.. literally had nothing to talk about it !?
It was ok does everyone believe grade boundaries are going up or down
Question three was awful. And I don’t feel like my writing went well either.
How did we find it? - I thought it was quite difficult, not a lot of structure or techniques but it was alright.
guys what did you put for q4 i had like no time on it as i started from the back
Down, the extract was a lot harder to understand/analyse than Mr Fisher and there were limited structural techniques.
Original post by waleedjah
guys what did you put for q4 i had like no time on it as i started from the back

I just talked about the imperative verbs, exclamation, pathetic fallacy etc.
Original post by 9999999999
Down, the extract was a lot harder to understand/analyse than Mr Fisher and there were limited structural techniques.

Oh I found loads
.Shifting from the motor van to the surroundings
.The repeated motif of the chrysanthemums
.Control of information not knowing the wife's name
etc.
Reply 69
talked about imperatives, pathetic fallacy but also Alice's use of "only" which angers her father as he has worked hard to grow these flowers so creating sympathy for Hartop instead.

Original post by ozzer123
I just talked about the imperative verbs, exclamation, pathetic fallacy etc.

Original post by waleedjah
****kk i literay wrote one pararahgh or possibly too just talking about how qoutes and stuff and relating them to readers impression how many marks do you think i would have gotten
it was weird.. 2018 paper was WAY easier and better, i think grade boundaries will go down tbh.
can garde boundires go down?
Reply 73
the source material was so aids i nearly died during the exam
did you guys do the description of the picture or the story about being abandoned? i did the description
Original post by ozzer123
Oh I found loads
.Shifting from the motor van to the surroundings
.The repeated motif of the chrysanthemums
.Control of information not knowing the wife's name
etc.

I wrote about these however lower abilities will have struggled more than usual a there were less obvious features like circular structure, flashbacks, tense changes etc.
probably down
I did the story and I wrote about a life -support machine being switched off.
Original post by ellielovesariana
did you guys do the description of the picture or the story about being abandoned? i did the description
I acc liked it I usually hate language so idk it went quite well
Source is on internet (The Mill by HE Bates) on a PDF if you want it (file too big to attach). Google it

Latest

Trending

Trending