The Student Room Group

WJEC English Language/Literature A Level 2019

Does anyone do this course? The Color Purple, pre-1914 poetry, King Lear, The History Boys, Homage to Catalonia and Unscripted and Scripted Speech? If so, how is it going for you?
I do WJEC English language & literature but the list of texts you mentioned sounds a lot. Is that your AS too? For A2, I’m doing King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Exam tomorrow!! How are you feeling?
You’re telling me they are a lot🙄🙄 I have been panicking so much about today, King Lear and the History Boys. I do the A Level. I’ve had no sleep so this is going to go well😂 wby?
Original post by Gradebaker
I do WJEC English language & literature but the list of texts you mentioned sounds a lot. Is that your AS too? For A2, I’m doing King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles. Exam tomorrow!! How are you feeling?
Original post by BadLifeChoices12
You’re telling me they are a lot🙄🙄 I have been panicking so much about today, King Lear and the History Boys. I do the A Level. I’ve had no sleep so this is going to go well😂 wby?

Yeah I’m super nervous! I’m scared the quotes that I know won’t apply to whatever King Lear essay choices there are. Good luck tho!!
How did it go??? I absolutely loved the Lear question!

Original post by Gradebaker
Yeah I’m super nervous! I’m scared the quotes that I know won’t apply to whatever King Lear essay choices there are. Good luck tho!!
How did it go??? I absolutely loved the Lear question!

I liked the extract but my chaos & disorder essay was ironically pretty chaotic! If they take it as an extended metaphor it could work... did you choose that essay or Edmund??
Ooooh that’s weird... because ours was on Power and Authority or Nature??? And the extract was the storm where Lear goes Blow winds etc?
Ooooh that’s weird... because ours was on Power and Authority or Nature??? And the extract was the storm where Lear goes Blow winds etc?

Is yours Eduqas instead??
No, definitely WJEC. What other texts do you do? Or do you do the AS?
No, definitely WJEC. What other texts do you do? Or do you do the AS?

I’m so confused why our questions were different? Lol. No I do WJEC English lang lit, I did my AS last year (pre-1914 poetry anthology, streetcar, in cold blood) and I did the A2 papers this year. My texts are just King Lear and Tess of the D’Urbervilles which is for next Tuesday’s paper. And then obviously coursework is choose your own texts
Ah I think you’re lucky... you got to do AS last year so you don’t have to do all of the papers this year which is what we have to do? I still can’t understand why our King Lear questions were different though.
Ah I think you’re lucky... you got to do AS last year so you don’t have to do all of the papers this year which is what we have to do? I still can’t understand why our King Lear questions were different though.

If you’re doing WJEC I’d have thought you’d have done it the same way though, AS’s are still a thing across Wales. And yeah the King Lear thing is weird...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending