The Student Room Group

Scammed by Buyer

Recently - and by recently i mean about a month ago - I had ordered a top from a company who I thought was legit, without hesitation I had ordered it, the site was "https://fcliverpool.store". Since I thought it was the real liverpool store due to its web title, I was mislead. I had ordered a kit worth £40. It had said that I would recieve it within 7-10 days. It has been well over that, I have emailed multiple times to the sellers. I click on the store and it is down, however they are saying that the product has been shipped, yet it's been well over a month now.

Is there anything I can do?
You need to call your card company (of the card that you used to purchase the item) and record that you made a purchase but have just realised it’s a scam and fraud
Also, file a police report about it and file a Fraud Victim Statement with 3 major credit bureaus (by filing this, when your credit score is checked they will know that anything damaging is due to fraud and therefore not your fault)
Reply 3
Would a police report be necessary? I am more interested in getting my money back as £40 to a student is a fair bit to a student like myself.
Original post by Hannah1903
Also, file a police report about it and file a Fraud Victim Statement with 3 major credit bureaus (by filing this, when your credit score is checked they will know that anything damaging is due to fraud and therefore not your fault)
Original post by 6intelros
Would a police report be necessary? I am more interested in getting my money back as £40 to a student is a fair bit to a student like myself.

It is because the website needs to be shut down. If all you do is get your money back then that allows for many others to be scammed too.

Reporting means that your card info is safe too and that it will not effect you. When you report the website can be shut down and they will have some form of punishment as well as people’s money being returned.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 5
The website has been shut down, which makes me believe that I have been scammed. What are chances I get money back? Was thinking of using chargeback scheme
Original post by Hannah1903
It is because the website needs to be shut down. If all you do is get your money back then that allows for many others to be scammed too.

Reporting means that your card info is safe too and that it will not effect you. When you report the website can be shut down and they will have some form of punishment as well as people’s money being returned.
Original post by 6intelros
The website has been shut down, which makes me believe that I have been scammed. What are chances I get money back? Was thinking of using chargeback scheme

In that case, just contact your bank and see what can be done. The longer you leave it though, the less likely they will be to do it. You’re supposed to contact as soon as you realise

Quick Reply

Latest