The Student Room Group

Do people who fail A-Levels RESIT? I've never met anyone with less than a C resit?

Does anyone know anyone who resat alevels but failed everything the first time they did exams? Or do you know anyone with a U who resat? I think I failed everything this year. But I've never met anyone who's failed everything, like all 3 of their subjects. The only people who I've ever met that are resitting had got Bs and Cs and are aiming for As. I do biology chemistry and maths and I would love to get 3 As, is there any chance I will if I failed all three of them in the first place?? I'm planning on working my ass off starting the day I finish my last exam which is tomorrow. I think even when I'm relaxing over the Summer I will get some sort of anxiety attack that I'm not working and will be needing to work 24/7... Im so confused, please someone help me out
Reply 1
Original post by Btstrash
Does anyone know anyone who resat alevels but failed everything the first time they did exams? Or do you know anyone with a U who resat? I think I failed everything this year. But I've never met anyone who's failed everything, like all 3 of their subjects. The only people who I've ever met that are resitting had got Bs and Cs and are aiming for As. I do biology chemistry and maths and I would love to get 3 As, is there any chance I will if I failed all three of them in the first place?? I'm planning on working my ass off starting the day I finish my last exam which is tomorrow. I think even when I'm relaxing over the Summer I will get some sort of anxiety attack that I'm not working and will be needing to work 24/7... Im so confused, please someone help me out

Yes in my school I have these friends they failed every single subject they were doing like all 3 As exams but they reset the exam their AS again together with their A2 exam so if you are doing A2 next year u can still continue and only reset the AS exams when its due and work hard. Do more past papers during the summer time
Reply 2
I resat my first year, probably could have went the full stretch and passed but I wasn’t happy with my subjects so decided to just botch my exams, have a crazy summer then come back in September to start over. It was the best decision I made however I wish I’d tried in the exams as I probably could have had 2 extra AS levels worth of UCAS points as I changed 2 of 3 subjects when I resat

To be honest, if you get UUU you would probably be better off starting Year 12 again and choosing 3 completely different subjects - the ones you were strongest at in GGSE or new ones
Reply 4
Hi thank you so much for your advice! I'm finishing my A2 in A-levels tho, what should I do?
Original post by Hussein2
Yes in my school I have these friends they failed every single subject they were doing like all 3 As exams but they reset the exam their AS again together with their A2 exam so if you are doing A2 next year u can still continue and only reset the AS exams when its due and work hard. Do more past papers during the summer time
Reply 5
Hi, how about aftr finishing A2?
Original post by sammyvee
I resat my first year, probably could have went the full stretch and passed but I wasn’t happy with my subjects so decided to just botch my exams, have a crazy summer then come back in September to start over. It was the best decision I made however I wish I’d tried in the exams as I probably could have had 2 extra AS levels worth of UCAS points as I changed 2 of 3 subjects when I resat
Reply 6
Ahh okays, I was thinking that too, and I was strongest at gcse english lit so probably shouldv taken that and i acc rlly miss it now too. But I also was really good at maths and it was always my favourite subject but now its my worst A-level. Due to what career I want to enter into, I think I still need Bio and Chem, but do u recon I can still get AAA when resitting?
Original post by harrysbar
To be honest, if you get UUU you would probably be better off starting Year 12 again and choosing 3 completely different subjects - the ones you were strongest at in GGSE or new ones
Ahh okays, I was thinking that too, and I was strongest at gcse english lit so probably shouldv taken that and i acc rlly miss it now too. But I also was really good at maths and it was always my favourite subject but now its my worst A-level. Due to what career I want to enter into, I think I still need Bio and Chem, but do u recon I can still get AAA when resitting?

That's the problem - I think it will be very difficult to go from failing subjects to getting AAA in them all in the space of a year. That's why I suggested starting fresh with 3 new subjects but it is up to you
Reply 8
Hi thank you so much for your advice! I'm finishing my A2 in A-levels tho, what should I do?

Yes u can still reset cuz I have this friend and she got D in her Chemistry and she did again this year so u can do fast track A levels that's one year course or u can only teach yourself A2 stuff if u did well your AS then do the exam (units that u got bad grades)
Reply 9
Original post by Hussein2
Yes u can still reset cuz I have this friend and she got D in her Chemistry and she did again this year so u can do fast track A levels that's one year course or u can only teach yourself A2 stuff if u did well your AS then do the exam (units that u got bad grades)

Ahh okay right, but what if I get Fs, Es or Us in A2, is it still worth resitting to get As or Bs? Is it even possible?
Hi how did you do in your exam? If you really failed all of them the we are on the same boat 😭. I also want to retake but what I'm really worried about who's gonna do my reference and predicted grades (my school would no way in hell give me good predicted grades with U in the exam) I'm really worried, I don't know how to go about things. I'm also doing the same subjects but I'm also worried that when I apply to uni and they look at my grade I got around first time, are they still gonna give me a place.
Reply 11
Original post by Bluerainy
Hi how did you do in your exam? If you really failed all of them the we are on the same boat 😭. I also want to retake but what I'm really worried about who's gonna do my reference and predicted grades (my school would no way in hell give me good predicted grades with U in the exam) I'm really worried, I don't know how to go about things. I'm also doing the same subjects but I'm also worried that when I apply to uni and they look at my grade I got around first time, are they still gonna give me a place.

Hi I'm so glad to hear from you I'm in the exact same boat. I got DDE and I want to resit. But my insurance option has offered me a foundation year. And my school might not let me resit depending on how full the classes are already and if they can accommodate me. They said if they do decide to let me resit I will only know the week before school starts. My parents think it's best for me to do the course since if I resit I may not get any higher than what I received. If I end up getting CCC or similar after resitting I would have wasted a whole year. What to do? As for you, I know people who resat A2 at school and the teachers always give good references and predicted no matter what you got. And to be honest, it doesnt even matter because at the end of the day theres really good options from great unis on clearing so if u do resit and do get great results, you can still go where you want to.

Quick Reply

Latest