The Student Room Group

I like Rory Stewart!

Boris Johnson is a complete wasteman who would do a shocking job as PM! We need good ol' Rory Stewart to lead us through these turbulent times.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2
But he is growing on people. It depends how long this process goes on. And what Boris does next......
hes exactly what we don't need right now.. but exactly what we may need after brexit is finished.
Original post by fallen_acorns
hes exactly what we don't need right now.. but exactly what we may need after brexit is finished.

Agreed in part, he would be clear favourite for leader I think in any other time. Unfortunately Brexit is the toxic subject that is clouding the minds of everybody. Rorys Brexit stance is pretty much TM MK2 with no hope of working.

He's a bright talent for the Conservatives though for the future, if they have one at the rate they are going.
Get over it Rory can’t win and won’t win. Boris Johnson is the next PM the next month is just a waste of time whilst people parrot sound bites about scrutiny and rubber stamp it all.
Reply 6
Did I say he could win?
Original post by paul514
Get over it Rory can’t win and won’t win. Boris Johnson is the next PM the next month is just a waste of time whilst people parrot sound bites about scrutiny and rubber stamp it all.
the only way Boris can lose is if that video of him, Diane and the dolphins is made public
Reply 8
Original post by fallen_acorns

i totally agree with this, and boris johnston is going to do this
Original post by lafee
Did I say he could win?

Did I say that you said that.....

It was a response to all on here hinting towards it or thinking it could even happen
Reply 10
Well I still wouldn't be too sure. Even the bookies are not sure about this one.
Original post by paul514
Did I say that you said that.....

It was a response to all on here hinting towards it or thinking it could even happen
Original post by lafee
Well I still wouldn't be too sure. Even the bookies are not sure about this one.

Well you can be sure.

Johnson will be put forward to the members and about two thirds are fine with a no deal.

That isn’t Rory Stewart and Johnson polls extremely high with the members.

It’s a coronation tour.
Original post by lafee

The bookies aren’t pricing in him losing. The bookies are pricing in that he will refuse at one of the fences.

A scandal may yet emerge. If Murdoch has anything on Boris, it will only come out once a run off between Boris and Gove is confirmed.
Original post by nulli tertius
The bookies aren’t pricing in him losing. The bookies are pricing in that he will refuse at one of the fences.

A scandal may yet emerge. If Murdoch has anything on Boris, it will only come out once a run off between Boris and Gove is confirmed.

Only if murdoch does not want borris.

I don't trust any of them to leave by the 31st of October. I hope the EU kicks us out like macron said. I think that's a empty threat mind you.
Original post by Burton Bridge
Only if murdoch does not want borris.

I don't trust any of them to leave by the 31st of October. I hope the EU kicks us out like macron said. I think that's a empty threat mind you.

Times is heavily backing Gove to the point posters on its website are complaining and the Sun is portraying this as a Boris v Gove battle.

We were never leaving on 31 October. The EU calendar for an election year doesn't work for a 31 October departure.

Does Boris have a plan beyond moving his mistress into No 10?

If so, it doesn't look like it is working.

A shambolic grin, a "discovery" of the blindingly obvious and a U-turn requires him to be a lot more popular than he is proving to be in this contest. A Labour switch to a second referendum may make this impossible anyway.

The alternative; a "New Deal" that is completely different to May's deal in everything bar the content requires all the serious players to accept the New Deal and deny any similarity to May's deal.. It doesn't matter if the lunatic fringe; Mogg, Chope etc or the Opposition say the New Deal is no different to the old deal, but I can see Stewart saying "the king has no clothes". That would be fatal.
Original post by nulli tertius
Times is heavily backing Gove to the point posters on its website are complaining and the Sun is portraying this as a Boris v Gove battle.

We were never leaving on 31 October. The EU calendar for an election year doesn't work for a 31 October departure.

Does Boris have a plan beyond moving his mistress into No 10?

If so, it doesn't look like it is working.

A shambolic grin, a "discovery" of the blindingly obvious and a U-turn requires him to be a lot more popular than he is proving to be in this contest. A Labour switch to a second referendum may make this impossible anyway.

The alternative; a "New Deal" that is completely different to May's deal in everything bar the content requires all the serious players to accept the New Deal and deny any similarity to May's deal.. It doesn't matter if the lunatic fringe; Mogg, Chope etc or the Opposition say the New Deal is no different to the old deal, but I can see Stewart saying "the king has no clothes". That would be fatal.

Well, I think the borris camp has so much support they might and probably will fix it so as a Gove is toast!

As for leaving on the 31st October, that's the law currently! It amazes me the ignorance of British people in general. if even one EU leader of another EU country does not agree to an extention we are out, no deal. The world does not revolve around us, the French president was adamant that he would not agree a further extension to the UK. Personally I think he will because I think he'll be pressured because of the EU countries that would suffer if we left without a deal, ie Ireland and Germany.
Rory Stewart is too honest, that is the problem. When in a den of thieves, one must lie, cheat and steal. Politicians are usually not the most honest bunch.
Original post by maachu_pichuu
Rory Stewart is too honest, that is the problem. When in a den of thieves, one must lie, cheat and steal. Politicians are usually not the most honest bunch.

Not 100% sure he's honest mate, he's just putting a better act up. Tony Blair MK2 in my eyes
To be fair, Rory is the only candidate staring the obvious facts in the face i.e. there is only one deal and it can only happen if parliament passes it.

Boris seems Corbyesk in his vagueness.
So this thread is now dead 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending