The Student Room Group

Edexcel A-level Religious Studies: Paper 3, Islam - 19th June 2019

Hi, I've created this thread to discuss this year's upcoming exam for the Islam paper of the Religious Studies A-level course.
Paper 1, Philosophy - 4th June 2019
Paper 2, Ethics - 11th June 2019

Pre Islamic Arabia

Life of the Prophet

Quran & Shariah (Anthology)

Hadith & Sunnah

Five Pillars

Six Beliefs

Caliphs

Sunni & Shia Islam

Sufism

Jihad (Anthology)

Islam & Science

Islam & Gender (Anthology)

Islam & Pluralism

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I really need help on Islam and Gender Anthology. I just dont understand what Leila Ahmed's points are
Hello to everyonw whose doing Islam . I really need notes on Secularisation and pluralism. If you do please PM me . Ive got notes on other topics i'll be happy to share with you guys. THANKS.
What came up in AS ISLAM PAPER 2019?
Any predictions of what might come up?
Original post by omgitshamzarais

I reckon the anthology extract will be the Leila Ahmed one as it's the only extract that has not been in specimen or the real papers. Then, the 20 marker from this could talk about the role of women in Islam or something along the lines of secularisation. Also, Pre-Islamic Arabia and the Sunni & Shia split may also come up as they weren't explicitly mentioned last year? But as there's so many topics within Islam, it's hard to realistically guess what will come up
If anyone has any notes please send them to me for all topics plz
Has anyone got notes for the secularistian opic? Thanks.
Reply 8
Also for the other two papers last year they had religious language and Kant as Anthology and they did the same this year. They had Jihad last year we may also get it but we may also get something else - they’re so unpredictable 😭
There’s so many things within each topic they can ask us on and since we’re only the second year sitting the exam it’s even harder to make predictions. Exams like biology are so much easier as each topic is fairly specific.
Best thing to do is make sure you have a good amount of knowledge on every topic and good luck to everyone!
Reply 9
I wish I could share the notes I have with you all but I can’t unfortunately they don’t belong to me. Feel free to ask my anything specific though and I can try my best to help for example if you need help with a specific part of a topic
Reply 10

how to make a pot of biryani
Reply 11
Original post by Nint123
how to make a pot of biryani

😂😂
For real though we need to know everything that has been taught don’t rely on predictions too much
Reply 12
How to say say jesus name in arabic basically
Original post by hobashir
What came up in AS ISLAM PAPER 2019?
Reply 13
okay my first prediction is the best style of wearing hijab and the best colour schemes.
Original post by Emmy_Girl
😂😂
For real though we need to know everything that has been taught don’t rely on predictions too much
hahaha that would be the easiest 30 marker for me
Original post by Nint123
okay my first prediction is the best style of wearing hijab and the best colour schemes.
Reply 15
How did everyone find it
How did it go today guys?
Quite hard. Wbu
Original post by zixd
How did everyone find it
Reply 18
Yeah wasn’t the best paper :/ which do you think you did best on
Quite hard. Wbu
Reply 19
I meant like which topics