The Student Room Group

apprenticeships and disability /mental health

i have bipolar and Adhd. i was called inti a meeting cause i had a blip last week at work. they asked me very personal questions about my mental health and said they were going to monitor me for any unusual behaviours.

But did ask if i was coping with the 40 hour week. i know u have to do a minimum of 30 hours for an apprenticeship but i think this is exempt if ur classed as having a disability. i would like a reduction in hours as it is affecting my MH but im worried they will sack me on medical grounds cause i cant fulfil the requirements of the contract.

does anyone know anything about this and my rights?
Original post by hypaspud182
i have bipolar and Adhd. i was called inti a meeting cause i had a blip last week at work. they asked me very personal questions about my mental health and said they were going to monitor me for any unusual behaviours.

But did ask if i was coping with the 40 hour week. i know u have to do a minimum of 30 hours for an apprenticeship but i think this is exempt if ur classed as having a disability. i would like a reduction in hours as it is affecting my MH but im worried they will sack me on medical grounds cause i cant fulfil the requirements of the contract.

does anyone know anything about this and my rights?

you can ask for reasonable adjustments but they can say what's reasonable and if you working a lot less hours doesn't work for them as a business then yes they could let you go. Speak to the CAB for advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending