The Student Room Group

Sixth form taster day - is it worth going?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperHuman98
History is a great A-Level and I am sure you will love it. I certainly did

Yay :woo:
Ooooo what do you intend to do after? :holmes: (I honestly thought you were older)
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Just finished my A levels
English Literature
History
Philosophy and ethics
It was the only A-level I got a B or higher in. :rofl:
Original post by RazzzBerries
Yay :woo:
Original post by Themysticalegg
Ooooo what do you intend to do after? :holmes: (I honestly thought you were older)

I intend to study law :tongue:
Haha that’s the first time I have heard someone say that I think I come across quite childish :lol:
Hi everyone,

I applied to this 6th form as a backup and they sent me a letter inviting me to their taster day next month. However, what I didn't realise is that I had to email them back letting them know I was coming and two subjects I would like to experience there. The deadline for this was Friday 21st (last Friday).

Would it be worth apologising for a late entry or should I just not go? Also, if I were to send an email, how should I word it?

Thank you :smile:

Deadlines are usually administratively useful. I.e., it'd be useful for them to have that info by the given date. Rather than something you strictly have to get in before.
Good luck captain!
Someone called me 9 years old the other day. :tongue: (I'm more than double that age. :colonhash: Although I did make a thread on my bum so I guess I deserve that. :biggrin:) Nah I honestly thought you were older, you seem quite wise. :tongue:
I intend to study law :tongue:
Haha that’s the first time I have heard someone say that I think I come across quite childish :lol:
Good luck captain!
Someone called me 9 years old the other day. :tongue: (I'm more than double that age. :colonhash: Although I did make a thread on my bum so I guess I deserve that. :biggrin:) Nah I honestly thought you were older, you seem quite wise. :tongue:

:ta: TME
:lol: an interesting thread haha 😂. I don’t know whether I should feel happy about that or not :rofl:
A deadline of this nature is usually just for admin purposes and there shouldn't be any issue in you saying, only 1 working day after, that you wish to attend.
Original post by Notoriety
Deadlines are usually administratively useful. I.e., it'd be useful for them to have that info by the given date. Rather than something you strictly have to get in before.

So it would be OK if I sent an apology email and asked?

Someone called me 9 years old the other day. :tongue:

Saw this lolol. Then again, when you make a thread about hairy bums, it's a given tbh. :lol:

Original post by Andrew97
A deadline of this nature is usually just for admin purposes and there shouldn't be any issue in you saying, only 1 working day after, that you wish to attend.

Great, thank you! :h:
So it would be OK if I sent an apology email and asked?

Sure. Worst that will happen will be they say no because they're fully subscribed.
Original post by Notoriety
Sure. Worst that will happen will be they say no because they're fully subscribed.

Cool, thank you! :biggrin:
I meant it as a compliment! :rofl: Although nowadays I prefer being called younger rather than older. :biggrin: Already a bit past my quarter life crisis. :biggrin:
:ta: TME
:lol: an interesting thread haha 😂. I don’t know whether I should feel happy about that or not :rofl:
x

I've just sent the email under your draft :eek:
Just finished my A levels
English Literature
History
Philosophy and ethics

hows philosophy and ethics? i might choose it if i fail maths
Original post by sqrt of 5
hows philosophy and ethics? i might choose it if i fail maths

It's OK, I've personally lowered the grade boundaries for maths xx
doesnt matter about late replies lol it's just a taster day just go
Original post by ggxsywes
doesnt matter about late replies lol it's just a taster day just go

The school makes you choose two subjects you want to attend and email them with your choices o.O. Normally I'd just rock up but I wouldn't know where to go after. I've emailed anyway, we'll see if they let me in :lol:
taster days are rly important...criticise everything. ask them: what happens if a student is underachieving? etc i'm so regretful i went to a bad college :frown: make sure u choose a sixth form with good teaching..dont just rely on league tables bc mine was on top of the league table in my borough...but it was manipulated. u cant self study everything! and u need help with ucas but my school was actually **** at everything
The school makes you choose two subjects you want to attend and email them with your choices o.O. Normally I'd just rock up but I wouldn't know where to go after. I've emailed anyway, we'll see if they let me in :lol:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by ggxsywes
taster days are rly important...criticise everything. ask them: what happens if a student is underachieving? etc i'm so regretful i went to a bad college :frown: make sure u choose a sixth form with good teaching..dont just rely on league tables bc mine was on top of the league table in my borough...but it was manipulated. u cant self study everything! and u need help with ucas but my school was actually **** at everything

:eek:

Will do, thanks for the heads up xx
I'm ngl I completely ignored league tables for Sixth Form :rofl:
:eek:

Will do, thanks for the heads up xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending