The Student Room Group

Moving for Sixth Form

Hey, so I'm currently waiting for my GCSE results, but I'm facing a dilemma as I don't know where to go for Sixth Form.
Either way, I'll be taking Chemistry and Spanish. My current school does not offer Politics, so I'd take RS, whereas the other school does offer Politics. Whilst I feel I would enjoy both I feel as though I would enjoy Politics more.
However, I like my current school and obviously have an established community of friends and teachers - I'd have my Spanish teacher and chemistry teacher next year, both of which I love , whereas with the new school I would have new teachers and no friends, having to start again.

So, quite the problem! There is a taster day at the other school next week, which should help me decide, but if anyone who does RS and/or Politics could tell me of their experiences with them - if anyone does both your insight would be much appreciated too! Also, do you think it's worth it to stay at my current school with teachers and friends? Say I rate RS as an option I'd pick at 7/10, and Politics at 8/10, would it be worth it to move schools, all for a subject I want to take slightly more? I fell like I'd enjoy both - just Politics slightly more so. Thank you in advance!!
Reply 1
Hello there!

Although I haven't taken those subjects but
When u go to that other sixth form see if the environment suits u and appeals to u if not then stay at ur old sixth form

Also change can be scary so that may be why u want to say where u are at since ur comfortable! I don't blame you but it's just a theory

Also consider where these options/subject combinations could take u that may help picking what subject u want to do and where to go!

Hoped I helped
Reply 2
Original post by will_iphotograph
Hey, so I'm currently waiting for my GCSE results, but I'm facing a dilemma as I don't know where to go for Sixth Form.
Either way, I'll be taking Chemistry and Spanish. My current school does not offer Politics, so I'd take RS, whereas the other school does offer Politics. Whilst I feel I would enjoy both I feel as though I would enjoy Politics more.
However, I like my current school and obviously have an established community of friends and teachers - I'd have my Spanish teacher and chemistry teacher next year, both of which I love , whereas with the new school I would have new teachers and no friends, having to start again.

So, quite the problem! There is a taster day at the other school next week, which should help me decide, but if anyone who does RS and/or Politics could tell me of their experiences with them - if anyone does both your insight would be much appreciated too! Also, do you think it's worth it to stay at my current school with teachers and friends? Say I rate RS as an option I'd pick at 7/10, and Politics at 8/10, would it be worth it to move schools, all for a subject I want to take slightly more? I fell like I'd enjoy both - just Politics slightly more so. Thank you in advance!!

I wouldn;t move for a one mark difference in preference. You know your current teachers are good and they know you.

Quick Reply

Latest