The Student Room Group

SWAP Access Course Glasgow

Is there anyone who has done a SWAP course in any Glasgow colleges? Particularly Access to Humanities.

How involved were the lecturers with your UCAS application?
Also, did you gain entry into uni easily enough?
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 1
Bumped
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Anyone?
Reply 4
I've just completed access to medicine at Glasgow Kelvin College. Some help was given when writing personal statement, lesser so with the actual UCAS form.
Reply 5
Did they have any involvement with the UCAS form, like did you have to find your own reference or did one of the lecturers provide one?
Did you get offers from uni?

Sorry, just not really sure what to expect.
Original post by HueC
I've just completed access to medicine at Glasgow Kelvin College. Some help was given when writing personal statement, lesser so with the actual UCAS form.
Reply 6
That’s okay, the reference had to be from the college and your personal statement literally had to start with ‘I am a SWAP Student’ or something to that effect. Other than than you had to complete the UCAS form yourself, though there was help if you needed it
Yeah, I got offers
Original post by PicknMix
Did they have any involvement with the UCAS form, like did you have to find your own reference or did one of the lecturers provide one?
Did you get offers from uni?

Sorry, just not really sure what to expect.
Reply 7
Thanks, so do they add the reference in themselves and send the application off or do they send the reference to you to add in?
Original post by HueC
That’s okay, the reference had to be from the college and your personal statement literally had to start with ‘I am a SWAP Student’ or something to that effect. Other than than you had to complete the UCAS form yourself, though there was help if you needed it
Yeah, I got offers
Reply 8
You do your application then submit it, it’s then sent to them to add their reference and then it’s sent to the universities
Original post by PicknMix
Thanks, so do they add the reference in themselves and send the application off or do they send the reference to you to add in?
Reply 9
Thank you!
Hello, i am looking to apply for this course next year. Do you have any pointers for me? Is the course full time/block release? How did you find the pace, is it quite intense? Anything I should be doing to prepare myself for the course? Any advice would be hugely appriciated :smile:
Original post by HueC

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending