The Student Room Group

Network Rail Apprenticeship

Scroll to see replies

What depots have you all got I’m at Carlisle
I'm at London Euston, wanted to do signalling but track is still cool.
Reply 62
I’m at gravesend. Wanted signalling too but got track
Yeah I think most of the apprenticeships must be track based on what they said at my assessment day. Buzzing to get started, did NR say anything about an open day at your interviews?
Original post by Jack2000a
Yeah I think most of the apprenticeships must be track based on what they said at my assessment day. Buzzing to get started, did NR say anything about an open day at your interviews?

I don't think so, it would have been cool for everyone to meet before. We arrive on the 29th, but I think we'll have an induction and they'll take time to show us around and probably ease us into the routine.
Reply 65
Original post by Jack2000a

No they didn’t. Did they say something at yours?
Original post by Student47392
They did at mine they said we will have the opportunity to look around before we start and come with our parents and have the opportunity to meet the other apprentices ahead of time but I haven’t heard of it being mentioned to anyone else so I’m not sure if it’s going to happen it would be nice if it did though

Yeah, it'll be really cool. Have you guys read your contract and chosen your pension scheme?
Reply 67
Yeah that would be nice if they did that
Reply 68
Original post by MereMortal
Yeah, it'll be really cool. Have you guys read your contract and chosen your pension scheme?

No I haven’t :/ I feel like it’s such a big decision I’m worried I’ll make the wrong one that won’t be good enough for me down the line. Have you
Original post by jadesxx
No I haven’t :/ I feel like it’s such a big decision I’m worried I’ll make the wrong one that won’t be good enough for me down the line. Have you

I've read everything except for the pension scheme. My uncle is an accountant, so I'm gonna have him go through it with me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a fixed thing, so if you wish to make amendments later down the line, you should be able to resubmit a form.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 70
I've read everything except for the pension scheme. My uncle is an accountant, so I'm gonna have him go through it with me, but I'm pretty sure it's not a fixed thing, so if you wish to make amendments later down the line, you should be able to resubmit a form.

Yeah I thought that would be the case. I’m gonna have a sit down after work tonight and have a little read through. Did everyone get the depot they wanted as well? I didn’t. Mine was changed as well. Lost out on the inner London allowance because of the change
Yeah, I'll be at Euston, that's a great location for me. That's a shame, but you can still get the outer London allowance, right?
Reply 72
Yeah, I'll be at Euston, that's a great location for me. That's a shame, but you can still get the outer London allowance, right?

I’d have preferred being central to in the sticks as they’ve put me. I still get outer London but I have to pay toll charge everyday as well now to get to work which is a pain but during the 3 years you switch depots a few times to get experience. I just hope they don’t push me out any further😂
Reply 73
I did mine on the computer then emailed it back, I was originally going to print and scan it back but my dad showed me how to do it
Original post by jadesxx
I’d have preferred being central to in the sticks as they’ve put me. I still get outer London but I have to pay toll charge everyday as well now to get to work which is a pain but during the 3 years you switch depots a few times to get experience. I just hope they don’t push me out any further😂

I knew we'd be moving about, but I forgot it'll be depots too, that's cool.
Original post by jadesxx
I did mine on the computer then emailed it back, I was originally going to print and scan it back but my dad showed me how to do it

Okay thanks☺️ I’ll try that then and if not I’ll scan it
Original post by jadesxx

I'm also doing this.
Reply 77
I knew we'd be moving about, but I forgot it'll be depots too, that's cool.

I think it’ll be good for us to get experience to see how different places do things and meeting new people. I don’t think it’s much, just 2 or 3 times throughout the apprenticeship
Do you know if the movements to different depots is temporary and then you go back? Just I’m planning on renting a flat closer to my depot as I’m almost an hour away but I’m worried about moving about
Original post by jadesxx

Screenshot_20190702_124031_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox-compressed.png.jpeg

are you 16 miles away from Charing Cross?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending