The Student Room Group

SQA Exam Timetable 2020- When are your exams?

The SQA Exam Timetable 2020 is now out!

When are your exams next year? Are they nicely spaced out or all bunched together?

Thanks @ellie.oakeyx for letting us know :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Not too bad, I have my highers all in the first 2 weeks of exams season, which could be seen as good or bad
But after french I have a 20 day wait until music!!
At least I do have any exams one day after another, though its mainly 1-2 day breaks :/
Reply 2
AH History - Friday 1st May
AH English - Monday 4th May
AH Modern Studies - Friday 15th May

Aside from the Friday-Monday, I'm quite happy. Can't be any worse than 4 in a row at N5 haha.
Reply 3
Original post by 123543
AH History - Friday 1st May
AH English - Monday 4th May
AH Modern Studies - Friday 15th May

Aside from the Friday-Monday, I'm quite happy. Can't be any worse than 4 in a row at N5 haha.

Exactly the same for me. Glad to be done (fairly) early but I would prefer a bit more time before AH English.
Nat 5 Español - 29th April
Higher English - 4th May
Nat 5 Biology - 13th May
Higher Computing - 2nd June

And If I get to do this one subject then:
Higher ESOL - 26th May
Reply 5
Ooh, interesting - what did you do at Higher and what do you want to do at Uni?

Yeah, would have been nice to have a break before AH English but I suppose the dissertation and folio will be done in advance which will mean less stress in the final exam.

Original post by MLM99
Exactly the same for me. Glad to be done (fairly) early but I would prefer a bit more time before AH English.
AH Spanish - 29th April
Higher Physics - 30th April
AH Maths - 11th May
AH Modern Studies - 15th May
Higher Business - 18th May
Reply 7
Original post by 123543
Ooh, interesting - what did you do at Higher and what do you want to do at Uni?

Yeah, would have been nice to have a break before AH English but I suppose the dissertation and folio will be done in advance which will mean less stress in the final exam.

I did Business, English, History, Modern Studies and RMPS at Higher and I'd like to do Philosophy and Politics at uni (no idea where!). Yourself?
Reply 8
I did English, French, History, Maths and Modern Studies at Higher and would like to study Law at university. Best of luck with your exam results btw!
Original post by MLM99
I did Business, English, History, Modern Studies and RMPS at Higher and I'd like to do Philosophy and Politics at uni (no idea where!). Yourself?
Mon 4th- H English (if i pass)
Mon 11th- H Maths
Wed 13th- H Human Bio
Tue 19th- H Chem
Wed 27- H Music

They are all spread out, better than last year (all in the first 2 weeks, though got like 3 week break afterwards) though I wish music was earlier though tbh you don't really have to study for music.
Monday 4 May - H English
Monday 11 May - H Maths
Wednesday 13 May - H Biology
Tuesday 19 May - H Chemistry
Tuesday 2 June - H Computing

They're fairly spread out which is all good, I don't know what I'll do with myself for the 2 weeks between Chem and Comp sci
(edited 4 years ago)
4th of May: Higher English
11th May: Higher Maths
13th May: Higher biology
14th May: Higher RMPS
27th May: Higher music
3rd June: Higher Psychology
Biology, maths and RMPS are so close together.
(edited 4 years ago)
AH English 4/5
H Computing 2/6
H Psychology 3/6
AH French - Wednesday 6th May
AH Music - Wednesday 27th May
AH Mandarin (Simplified) - Thursday 4th June

I’m glad that like my past exam leaves, this is very spaced out.
I’m also glad because after my last exam I don’t need to come into school until graduation week!

It’s honestly mind boggling how quickly school has gone.
I have Nat 5 Maths on Tuesday 12th May in the morning and Nat 5 Engineering science on the same day in the afternoon. Just one hour in between to get something to eat. :frown:
Original post by barn_owl
I have Nat 5 Maths on Tuesday 12th May in the morning and Nat 5 Engineering science on the same day in the afternoon. Just one hour in between to get something to eat. :frown:

Yeah, it must be really hard to deal with that as both subjects aren’t easy and are challenging. Best advice I can offer is keep your head in the game and don’t lose focus, give all subjects equal times and don’t let time interfere with your results. Take the hour as a little rest as you probably have written a lot and just maybe open a previous past paper and try some questions in the hour while having food and staying focus and relaxing. However you don’t need to write the answers otherwise you’ll be going in the exam with a sore hand and won’t be able to write as much. Also good luck! At the end of the day it will annoy you that because of time you maybe got a grade you didn’t want, and all your hard work went in the bin, don’t let time interfere with what you can achieve and really want!!!!! Again good luck!!! Imagine getting the grades you want for both subjects, it will make you so proud that you were able to do something in which many and by that I really do mean Many and probably including myself, would struggle dealing with. Get the grades and show off your skills and hard work cause if you get the grades you want for both subjects that will be Magical as you only had an hour in between. Think of how happy you’ll be.
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by barn_owl

Classic SQA. Who on earth thought that one up? I could maybe understand if it was two subjects that were very different - but most people taking engineering are taking maths.
Higher Geography - April 28th
Higher History - May 1st
Higher English - May 4th
Higher Chemistry - May 19th
Higher Music - May 26th
Thought they were moving the 4/5 holiday to the 8/5 but our school still showing hols as 4/5 when English exam is on?. Arghh
Original post by Bluebells602003
Thought they were moving the 4/5 holiday to the 8/5 but our school still showing hols as 4/5 when English exam is on?. Arghh

Yes, the bank holiday this year is 8/5, but in some areas the council might not have agreed to swap it for the schools (if they haven't yet, it could still change!). Either way, your school will need to be open on the 4th to let you sit your exam :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending