The Student Room Group

A/AS Results Day Countdown - get ready - put your lucky socks on and #beresultsproud

Scroll to see replies

Original post by claireestelle
good luck :smile: are your firm and insurance both the same grades ? :smile:

yeah, although I applied for chemistry with my insurance :yes:
Original post by nyxnko_
yeah, although I applied for chemistry with my insurance :yes:

hopefully you'll get your firm choice :smile:
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? AQA maths, physics and psychology
3. How did your exams go? Psychology paper 1 and 2 were super fine whilst paper 3 was ok wasn't as good as the others but still my 3rd best exam but I'm hoping to get an A* in psych hopefully. Maths paper one was the easiest maths paper, but it was still really hard, missed the most amount of questions in paper 2. Although other people said paper 2 was the easiest ans paper 1 was hardest . Hoping for an A. Physics paper one was pretty hard as there was some wierd application questions which I struggled with but I think paper 2 went really well and others found it hard which i guess is a good thing for me. Dunno about paper 3 tbh. Hoping for an A but I might get a B.

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? King's college and Bristol
5. Which subject? Psychology
6. What grades are required? AAA and AAB

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? AAA but it looks like I might get A* AB
8. How are you feeling about results day? I'm hoping I'll make the grades but I have no idea if I'll get it or not since I didnt do my mocks seriously so I have no idea whether I could get AAA or not. Im scared that I'll fail but I'm also excited to just get them.
Original post by Afterlife?
1. AS or A level? A level
2. What subjects? AQA maths, physics and psychology
3. How did your exams go? Psychology paper 1 and 2 were super fine whilst paper 3 was ok wasn't as good as the others but still my 3rd best exam but I'm hoping to get an A* in psych hopefully. Maths paper one was the easiest maths paper, but it was still really hard, missed the most amount of questions in paper 2. Although other people said paper 2 was the easiest ans paper 1 was hardest . Hoping for an A. Physics paper one was pretty hard as there was some wierd application questions which I struggled with but I think paper 2 went really well and others found it hard which i guess is a good thing for me. Dunno about paper 3 tbh. Hoping for an A but I might get a B.

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? King's college and Bristol
5. Which subject? Psychology
6. What grades are required? AAA and AAB

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? AAA but it looks like I might get A* AB
8. How are you feeling about results day? I'm hoping I'll make the grades but I have no idea if I'll get it or not since I didnt do my mocks seriously so I have no idea whether I could get AAA or not. Im scared that I'll fail but I'm also excited to just get them.

If it's any comfort a lot of people on tsr have said they felt maths was hard, best of luck for results day :smile:
Reply 44
Hi, I'm CoffeeAndPolitics/JT and I've been a Study Forum Helper since July 2017 (for two years now!!! :cool:)
1. AS or A level? A-Level
2. What subjects? History, Economics and Sociology
3. How did your exams go? History - Mixed but feel like I've massively under-performed. Economics - It was alright but again I don't know what to expect. Sociology - It was quite good and expecting a nice surprise.

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? Leeds is my firm and Essex is my insurance
5. Which subject? Leeds for sociology and international relations and Essex for modern history and politics (cba to call them to change over to sociology as I don't really want to go there).
6. What grades are required? Leeds is AAB or BBB (via Access to Leeds) and Essex is BBB

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted? ABB
8. How are you feeling about results day? Worried, terrified, impatience and basically a mixture of reactions.
9. Anything else to add? Don't quite know what I'll do if I don't get into my firm... Clearing is an option but haven't found a uni and course I like yet that's within my predicted grades or lower. I'll check again on results day.
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Hi, I'm CoffeeAndPolitics/JT and I've been a Study Forum Helper since July 2017 (for two years now!!! :cool:)
3. How did your exams go? History - Mixed but feel like I've massively under-performed. Economics - It was alright but again I don't know what to expect. Sociology - It was quite good and expecting a nice surprise.

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance? Leeds is my firm and Essex is my insurance
5. Which subject? Leeds for sociology and international relations and Essex for modern history and politics (cba to call them to change over to sociology as I don't really want to go there).
6. What grades are required? Leeds is AAB or BBB (via Access to Leeds) and Essex is BBB

For everyone:
8. How are you feeling about results day? Worried, terrified, impatience and basically a mixture of reactions.
9. Anything else to add? Don't quite know what I'll do if I don't get into my firm... Clearing is an option but haven't found a uni and course I like yet that's within my predicted grades or lower. I'll check again on results day.

You ve got the team behind you, if the worst happens we ll all help :smile:
Reply 46
You ve got the team behind you, if the worst happens we ll all help :smile:

Thanks Claire. I'm just genuinely nervous and worried, don't know what to expect. This Access to Leeds subject assignment for history (have signed changed courses to sociology and international relations) is just doing my head in and I don't know what I'm doing. Have asked my history teacher for some help via email so hopefully she replies. In terms of clearing, I know you guys are there for me and others and will ask for help should I need it. :smile: :suith:

For Yr 13:

For everyone:

But Essex has this!
[video]https://youtu.be/pvn06yQIb9o[/video]
Thanks Claire. I'm just genuinely nervous and worried, don't know what to expect. This Access to Leeds subject assignment for history (have signed changed courses to sociology and international relations) is just doing my head in and I don't know what I'm doing. Have asked my history teacher for some help via email so hopefully she replies. In terms of clearing, I know you guys are there for me and others and will ask for help should I need it. :smile: :suith:

i hope your teacher can help you out with the assignment :smile:
1. AS or A level?
A-level
2. What subjects?
English Literature, History & Politics
3. How did your exams go?
Some were good (politics paper 1 was beautiful & had a great essay for Lit paper 2) but others were atrocious. The History China paper was a crime

For Yr 13:
4. What university is your firm/insurance?
University of Manchester - firm
University of Bristol - insurance
5. Which subject?
Politics & International Relations at Manchester, Social Policy at Bristol
6. What grades are required?
AAB for Manchester, BBC for Bristol

For everyone:
7. What grades are you predicted?
A*AA
8. How are you feeling about results day?
Sometimes feel ok, sometimes feel like crying (honestly the anticipation is killing me). I think I’ve either aced those exams or absolutely f*cked them (they’re the only options)
9. Anything else to add?
Let’s all just hope we don’t get screwed over
Original post by PQ
But Essex has this!
[video]https://youtu.be/pvn06yQIb9o[/video]

This is amazing.
Hello! I hope I'm not late to the party!

1. AS or A level?
A Levels (most Pre-U, if you know it)
2. What subjects?
Maths(Pre-U), Further Maths (Pre-U), Physics (Pre-U), Chemistry (Edexcel)
For Maths I'm pretty sure I got a D2(A*) but I'm hoping for a D1 (a slightly higher grade) and in Physics I probably at least got a D3 (A) but I'm definitely hoping for an D2 (A*). Further Maths is where I'm really worried because I need a D3 but I probably got an M1 (B) since I don't think I even got 50%. Chemistry isn't in my firm offer so I didn't work on it as hard as I probably could have so I'll probably end up with a B or maybe an A, if I'm lucky...

4. What university is your firm/insurance? 5. Which subject? 6. What grades are required?

Firm - Imperial (EIE MEng) - need D2 D3 D3 (A*AA) in Maths, Physics and FM

Insurance - Nottingham (Electronic and Computer Engineering MEng) - need D3 M1 M1 (ABB) in Maths, Physics and FM or D3 D3 B (AAB) if I substitute one of the subjects with chemistry

I was given D2D2D2A* (4 A*s) because my teachers liked me too much, I kid you not
A more conservative (but optimistic) prediction would have been D2D2D3A (A*A*AA)

Very nervous. I'm still deciding if I should resit if I don't get into Imperial (thinking about that graduate salary)

9. Anything else to add?

Anyone else on here doing Pre-U? It's been kind of lonely only being able to talk about the test with people in my class and a couple guys I know from other schools...
Original post by Laura FitzGerald
1. AS or A level?
A-level
2. What subjects?
English Literature, History & Politics
Some were good (politics paper 1 was beautiful & had a great essay for Lit paper 2) but others were atrocious. The History China paper was a crime

For Yr 13:
University of Manchester - firm
University of Bristol - insurance
5. Which subject?
Politics & International Relations at Manchester, Social Policy at Bristol
AAB for Manchester, BBC for Bristol

For everyone:
A*AA
Sometimes feel ok, sometimes feel like crying (honestly the anticipation is killing me). I think I’ve either aced those exams or absolutely f*cked them (they’re the only options)
9. Anything else to add?
Let’s all just hope we don’t get screwed over

Good luck :smile: find things to keep yourself busy so the wait goes quicker.
Original post by highcaffeinejava
Hello! I hope I'm not late to the party!

1. AS or A level?
A Levels (most Pre-U, if you know it)
2. What subjects?
Maths(Pre-U), Further Maths (Pre-U), Physics (Pre-U), Chemistry (Edexcel)
For Maths I'm pretty sure I got a D2(A*) but I'm hoping for a D1 (a slightly higher grade) and in Physics I probably at least got a D3 (A) but I'm definitely hoping for an D2 (A*). Further Maths is where I'm really worried because I need a D3 but I probably got an M1 (B) since I don't think I even got 50%. Chemistry isn't in my firm offer so I didn't work on it as hard as I probably could have so I'll probably end up with a B or maybe an A, if I'm lucky...

4. What university is your firm/insurance? 5. Which subject? 6. What grades are required?

Firm - Imperial (EIE MEng) - need D2 D3 D3 (A*AA) in Maths, Physics and FM

Insurance - Nottingham (Electronic and Computer Engineering MEng) - need D3 M1 M1 (ABB) in Maths, Physics and FM or D3 D3 B (AAB) if I substitute one of the subjects with chemistry

I was given D2D2D2A* (4 A*s) because my teachers liked me too much, I kid you not
A more conservative (but optimistic) prediction would have been D2D2D3A (A*A*AA)

Very nervous. I'm still deciding if I should resit if I don't get into Imperial (thinking about that graduate salary)

9. Anything else to add?

Anyone else on here doing Pre-U? It's been kind of lonely only being able to talk about the test with people in my class and a couple guys I know from other schools...

Good luck :smile: I think Imperial can be a bit funny about resits, hopefully it doesn't come to it but Nottingham is still a great uni .
I do like Nottingham, it's just that I like Imperial more and they don't really like retakes. Thanks for the reassurance, though.
Good luck :smile: find things to keep yourself busy so the wait goes quicker.

Good luck :smile: I think Imperial can be a bit funny about resits, hopefully it doesn't come to it but Nottingham is still a great uni .
1. AS or A level?
Both cause I dropped a subject last year, so I did a BTEC, an A-Level and an AS Level.
2. What subjects?
Double Music and AS sociology. I wanted to do maths, but my college didn't offer it that year.
I think they went alright, but that inevitably means I'll end up with all U's.
I already know I got a distinction in my BTEC though.

For Yr 13:
Firm: Keele
Insurance: Bangor
5. Which subject?
Maths and Music firm, Music and Electronic Engineering insurance.
56 ucas points firm (foundation year)
112 ucas points insurance (more for if the course got cancelled, but I should be alright)

For everyone:
Dist BB
Alright, hoping for at least my predicted results, but I'd be okay with C's too.
9. Anything else to add?

I got a nice summer job to distract me, so that's something.
Reply 55
How did you find Chemistry P2? I found it exceptionally hard:frown:
Original post by nyxnko_
Hey everyone :wavey:

1. AS or A level?
A levels! :eek3:

2. What subjects?
Maths (Edexcel), FM (Edexcel), Physics (AQA), Chemistry (AQA)

Maths was fine, FM pure was pretty hard, but FM1 and FM2 were okay, Physics was meh, Chemistry was decent (although Twitter says otherwise)

Firm: Durham, Insurance: St Andrews

5. Which subject?
Natural Sciences

AAA

A*A*A*A - although I don't really think I'm getting those lol

I've put it to the back of my mind and I'm pretending it doesn't exist until it does

9. Anything else to add?
Good luck to everyone waiting for results! :rave:
at least the social life in Manchester is far superior to Warwick and it's not as if the opportunities after will be bad...
Original post by MediocreSince01
AS or A level?
A-Levels

What subjects?
1. Maths (AQA)
2. Further Maths (AQA)
3. Biology (OCR)
4. Chemistry (OCR)
5. Also did EPQ (though that has been awarded)

How did your exams go?
Maths was fine. Further maths was beyond atrocious, I've never left so much blank. Biology wasn't greater either - OCR seemed to love plants. I do not. Chemistry was okay - P3 was tricky though. I'm honestly dreading results day so much - I feel like I know that I've missed my offer for my firm.

What university is your firm/insurance?
Warwick - Firm
Manchester - Insurance

Which subject?
Maths

What grades are required?
Warwick offer is A*A*A* or A*A*AA (A*A* in maths and further maths)
Manchester is AAA (including further maths)

What grades are you predicted?
A*A*A*A* (plus an a* achieved already in EPQ)
These aren't going to happen though.

How are you feeling about results day?
Absolutely terrified. I'm most worried about further maths - feel as if that's where I'm going to miss my offer. It has to be <70% for an A* for me to even stand a chance, somewhere closer to 60% would be ideal. Biology too is worrying me - I didn't think the exams went great because a lot of people insisted the exams were easy. Worried about chemistry too actually, as it's usually very high boundaries for an A* and I keep going over all my mistakes. As you can tell, terrified doesn't even cut it.
Original post by A Rolling Stone
at least the social life in Manchester is far superior to Warwick and it's not as if the opportunities after will be bad...

I know I know. Providing I get into my firm or insurance I know I’ll be going to a good university regardless. I just have my heart set on Warwick
A Level
Took Maths, French and Music
All went alright apart from Maths paper 2, which seemed nationally to be a nightmare.

I've firmed Durham, but have no insurance as they reduced my offer. I'd have put them first anyway, but this meant my offer was lower than all my other choices, so yeah, no insurance lol. I want to study Modern Languages and my offer is BBB (formerly AAB).

I actually don't know my predicted grades but I know they're all about A/A*. I'm nervous for results day. If it's disastrous, I'll reconsider my choices and live in France for a bit, then reapply. I know I'll have got higher than an E, but an E isn't enough for me. I want at least A/B or higher for everything because that's the standard I've consistently worked at. I don't what else to say really, but I wish good luck to all those who did their exams this year :smile:
Original post by PQ
Results day is looming and TSR tradition means we have to have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day).

We'll update this post with pointers to advice and support soon but for now introduce yourselves

Introduce yourself
1. AS or A level?
2. What subjects?

For Yr 13:
5. Which subject?

For everyone:
9. Anything else to add?

FAQs
RESULTS

Spoiler

UCAS

(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by remussjhj01
1. AS or A level?
Both cause I dropped a subject last year, so I did a BTEC, an A-Level and an AS Level.
2. What subjects?
Double Music and AS sociology. I wanted to do maths, but my college didn't offer it that year.
I think they went alright, but that inevitably means I'll end up with all U's.
I already know I got a distinction in my BTEC though.

For Yr 13:
Firm: Keele
Insurance: Bangor
5. Which subject?
Maths and Music firm, Music and Electronic Engineering insurance.
56 ucas points firm (foundation year)
112 ucas points insurance (more for if the course got cancelled, but I should be alright)

For everyone:
Dist BB
Alright, hoping for at least my predicted results, but I'd be okay with C's too.
9. Anything else to add?

I got a nice summer job to distract me, so that's something.

good luck, i m sure you won't get all U's, i got a LOT of u's during a levels and still came out with E's from a couple of not as bad exams so i'm sure you won't have done that :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest