The Student Room Group

Undecided on uni

Results day has happened and I did well!! Better than I thought. I‘m firmed at a Uni that gave me an unconditional offer, however I did better than I thought with results and I’m now thinking of going through clearing at a uni that was my insurance choice before I received an unconditional. I’d be switching from a STEM course to a creative one but it’s something I think I’d really enjoy. I don’t know what to do. Send help.
(edited 8 months ago)
Wouldn't decide your degree based on whether you get to live with your friend or not tbh.
Original post by absoluterand0m
Results day has happened and I did well!! Better than I thought. I‘m firmed at a Uni that gave me an unconditional offer, however I did better than I thought with results and I’m now thinking of going through clearing at a uni that was my insurance choice before I received an unconditional. I’d be switching from a STEM course to a creative one but it’s something I think I’d really enjoy. My friend also has an unconditional offer and we would be living together at that university, but now I’m in two minds and I don’t know what to do. Send help.

Do something you enjoy! But also make sure the degree is worth it, even though student debt is the best debt to have it’s not worth it if you can get better experience elsewhere- this goes for STEM and creative subjects alike! Honestly if you can go to a better uni and do a course you would be more passionate about I say go for it :smile:
no aye that’s valid there was more context i just cba 😭 definitely do not choose a degree based on whose doing it
Original post by toxicgamage56
Wouldn't decide your degree based on whether you get to live with your friend or not tbh.
Original post by absoluterand0m
Results day has happened and I did well!! Better than I thought. I‘m firmed at a Uni that gave me an unconditional offer, however I did better than I thought with results and I’m now thinking of going through clearing at a uni that was my insurance choice before I received an unconditional. I’d be switching from a STEM course to a creative one but it’s something I think I’d really enjoy. I don’t know what to do. Send help.

Hey @absoluterand0m :smile:

Did you make a decision? It sounds like if the creative subject was something you'd really enjoy then that sounds like the best choice for you, what creative course is it? :smile:

Also huge congrats on your results and offers! You should be so proud of yourself and I hope you have a great weekend celebrating 🎉 #BeResultsProud

Becky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending