The Student Room Group

Trump now attacking UK Government

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by James2312
......Trump will be gone soon.Perhaps the next US president won't be so thin skinned.

Oh no he won't. Trump will win next election in a landslide. He is s breath of fresh air in an otherwise toxic establishment hell bent on preserving itself at our expense.
What would you have him do? Lie through his teeth about how competent the government is? If he's inept then he's inept.No need to sugarcoat it.These comments were not meant for trumps ears but our governments ears.Its useful for governments to know how competent other governments are.

As for relationships.......Trump will be gone soon.Perhaps the next US president won't be so thin skinned.

Tell the truth. Or at least explain what exactly he is referring to as inept. The fact is the US is doing great in ways they weren't doing before and to not even acknowledge this signifies pure bias. This isn't the job for an activist.

If you honestly think trump won't win next year, you're in for a disappointing shock.
Original post by Jebedee
Tell the truth. Or at least explain what exactly he is referring to as inept. The fact is the US is doing great in ways they weren't doing before and to not even acknowledge this signifies pure bias. This isn't the job for an activist.

If you honestly think trump won't win next year, you're in for a disappointing shock.

Are they though? If you want an example of how the trump government is inept just look at his handling of Iran.He unilaterally ripped up his commitment to the nuclear deal and then acted surprised that Iran are no longer keeping to their side.A toddler could have seen that one coming.I think it's you who are biased not me.Trump is completely unfit to be president.
He's resigned now. I suppose he will be relocated to somewhere nice and inoffensive like Tristan da Cunha or maybe Vladivostok.
Original post by Jebedee
Calling him inept constitutes a subjective opinion, not a detailed assessment.

He gave his *professional* opinion, something that Trump could never claim.

Original post by Jebedee
If you think his comments foster a good relationship with the US then that's your opinion.

He gave his professional opinion in private correspondence. He would not have made those comments publicly, for obvious reasons.

Trump's public comments on this amount to bullying. He simply cannot take criticism.
(edited 4 years ago)
I do wonder how Trump would react to any of his managers that had his record of firing such a high proportion of their own hires.

He should be fired. From a cannon.
Original post by 999tigger
Its hard to say he should never have said them because you can bet the US says exactly the same when reporting to Washington

He was right to say them, in private, because that's his honest, professional assessment. What others say is utterly irrelevant.

The ambassador didnt do anything wrong, but now May has spoken up for him, which means they have 100% messed up in their assessment of the situation.

You think that he should have been thrown under a bus? A decent manager must stand-up for their employees when they are in the right. Sir Kim is.

Trump is a child with a monstrous ego, but also the most powerful man in the world. Any sleight is about him and will be taken personally, he doesnt let anything brush over. He works himself up into a tantrum. His ego comes before international relations.

He is an immature, egotistical bully. May said exactly the right thing. She knew that Sir Kim's position had been made untennable by Trump's statements, and that Sir Kim would feel duty-bound to resign. Trump needs to be told, clearly, that his actions are not acceptable.

May should not have backed him in the way she did, but should have figured out a way of reassuring the US.
Now May leaves US/ UK relations in a shambles which is unforgivable.

No. She has said what any decent person would. I would have been extremely disappointed if she had done anything else.

We now have Trump directly attacking the UK, which is crazy unpresidential behaviour to do to your greatest ally.
He is a liability, child, unstatesmanlike president and he should pack it in. He can do it behind closed doors. It is all utterly ridiculous and there are more important matter of nations they should all be focusing on than some twitter war. Crazy behaviour and they both need to grow up, but especially Trump.

Trump needs to be fired. He's entirely unfit to be POTUS, and a poor excuse for a human being.
Reply 27
Original post by RogerOxon
He was right to say them, in private, because that's his honest, professional assessment. What others say is utterly irrelevant.

You think that he should have been thrown under a bus? A decent manager must stand-up for their employees when they are in the right. Sir Kim is.

He is an immature, egotistical bully. May said exactly the right thing. She knew that Sir Kim's position had been made untennable by Trump's statements, and that Sir Kim would feel duty-bound to resign. Trump needs to be told, clearly, that his actions are not acceptable.

No. She has said what any decent person would. I would have been extremely disappointed if she had done anything else.

Trump needs to be fired. He's entirely unfit to be POTUS, and a poor excuse for a human being.

I am rather more pragamatic about these things. Interests of the country come first and whilst what he said may have been entirely correct plus he is an egotistical bully, then we still have important matters of state to work with them over. He could have been reassigned. You wont be firing trump any time soon and their is an egotistical baby bully in the WH, but not something we can change. I wonder what else was leaked, who did it and why. Seems very convenient. Trump was too dim not to realise he should have handled it behind closed doors and he has basically been trolled.

I see Boris is refusing to give a clear answer and dodging the question again.
(edited 4 years ago)
New job ad just posted: "Brown-noser wanted for diplomatic post working with an insecure, inept fool with a penchant for Twittering from the toilet."
Are they though? If you want an example of how the trump government is inept just look at his handling of Iran.He unilaterally ripped up his commitment to the nuclear deal and then acted surprised that Iran are no longer keeping to their side.A toddler could have seen that one coming.I think it's you who are biased not me.Trump is completely unfit to be president.

Yes they are. That is a documented fact whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. You're just throwing bias again. Many people including myself think the Iran deal was awful and was rightfully scrapped. Again, his place as an ambassador does not include activism which is what you appear to be engaging in.
He gave his *professional* opinion, something that Trump could never claim.

He gave his professional opinion in private correspondence. He would not have made those comments publicly, for obvious reasons.

Trump's public comments on this amount to bullying. He simply cannot take criticism.

Worthless drivel.
Original post by Jebedee
Yes they are. That is a documented fact whether you choose to acknowledge it or not. You're just throwing bias again. Many people including myself think the Iran deal was awful and was rightfully scrapped. Again, his place as an ambassador does not include activism which is what you appear to be engaging in.

Worthless drivel.

Most experts in the field don't think it was awful. What was awful about it exactly?
Original post by Jebedee
Worthless drivel.

What value should I place on your reasoned analysis? :smile:
Original post by Jebedee
Many people including myself think the Iran deal was awful and was rightfully scrapped.

The other signatories don't agree. What do you know that they don't?

Iran is now producing worrying quantities of nuclear material. Is that the outcome that you want?
I am rather more pragamatic about these things. Interests of the country come first and whilst what he said may have been entirely correct plus he is an egotistical bully, then we still have important matters of state to work with them over. He could have been reassigned.

May essentially had a free pass to say the right thing. Even being pragmatic, I think that she did the right thing.

You wont be firing trump any time soon and their is an egotistical baby bully in the WH, but not something we can change.

I get to vote, which is as much as I can do. Impeachment is also a hope, although has disappointed by its absence.

I see Boris is refusing to give a clear answer and dodging the question again.

Another unfit leader, IMO.
Reply 34
May essentially had a free pass to say the right thing. Even being pragmatic, I think that she did the right thing.

I get to vote, which is as much as I can do. Impeachment is also a hope, although has disappointed by its absence.

Another unfit leader, IMO.

Am pragmatic about these things and you have to deal with whoever is there like him or not.
His massive ego puts him first before the US, thus his real enemies will be having a laugh. I bet he was like that as an employer as well.
The US ambassador will be reporting exactly the same. I cant imagine any other president who wouldnt have dealt with this in a more effective and behind closed doors way.
Original post by Jebedee

Worthless drivel.

How are they? If you are talking about economically much of that is due to the previous administration.The Iran deal seemed fine for the other signatories.It did what it was designed to do.Stop them getting the bomb.And everyone agreed they were keeping to their side of it.Now without it they are enriching uranium again.

There are other examples as well.Trump ripped up the climate change agreement going completely against the science.Hes an anti-vaxxer as well.His response to a journalist for the Washington post being murdered by Saudi Arabia was basically meh.Name one good thing he's actually done? Dont bother saying about North Korea either.Hes achieved nothing there.
Original post by ukrj
Oh no he won't. Trump will win next election in a landslide. He is s breath of fresh air in an otherwise toxic establishment hell bent on preserving itself at our expense.

Yes I suppose he is.In the same way a chimp as president might also be a breath of fresh air.
Trump is upsetting the establishment and the establishment can not handle it.
Original post by Mark mein words
Trump is upsetting the establishment and the establishment can not handle it.

Yeah, it might be that. Or maybe he is just an incompetent liar and a self-obsessed jerk, as so many other people think. The evidence is on the latter.
So, a member of the British civil service is effectively sacked (he's jumped before he can be pushed) on the behest of a wannabe dictator... Sure seems like a great time for Britain to leave a club of European countries that gives them the combined power to not be pushed round by an American president 🙄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending