The Student Room Group

Going from a level to btec

I do a level physics, maths and computer science I got a E in physics on the end of year exams so I’ve been recommended to drop a level physics and pick up btec science instead. I want to do something related to programming so I’m thinking of taking the apprenticeship route, can anyone give me tips about btec science?
I do the btec national certificate in level 3 applied science at sixth form. You do 2 coursework units and 2 exam units. If you want to do programming I wold suggest maths, further maths or ict. Personally I think dont take Btec science as the units I am studying are nothing to do with programming
Original post by H1.n_
I do a level physics, maths and computer science I got a E in physics on the end of year exams so I’ve been recommended to drop a level physics and pick up btec science instead. I want to do something related to programming so I’m thinking of taking the apprenticeship route, can anyone give me tips about btec science?
Original post by Emma603xxxx
I do the btec national certificate in level 3 applied science at sixth form. You do 2 coursework units and 2 exam units. If you want to do programming I wold suggest maths, further maths or ict. Personally I think dont take Btec science as the units I am studying are nothing to do with programming

I currently do maths and computer science but I just need enough ucas points :/
Reply 3
Your post makes no sense at all.

You want to do programming yet you ask for tips on BTEC science? What?
Original post by Xarao
Your post makes no sense at all.

You want to do programming yet you ask for tips on BTEC science? What?

This is why he is switching to BTEC.
Original post by H1n
I currently do maths and computer science but I just need enough ucas points :/

If you have the chance to do an EPQ do it that earns you some ucas points. Also see what else you can do for extra credit like essays or summer schools that can get you some more ucas points. Good luck with everything though!!
Also, check on the internet for any online courses or online certificates that might earn you some more ucas points and that may also look good on your cv e.g a sign language qualification.
Reply 7
Original post by Jackudy3
This is why he is switching to BTEC.

???

This just adds to the confusion. He says he wants to take the apprenticeship route first of all when he's talking about BTEC. Secondly he talks about BTEC science when he wants to learn about programming. Like what?
Original post by Xarao
???

This just adds to the confusion. He says he wants to take the apprenticeship route first of all when he's talking about BTEC. Secondly he talks about BTEC science when he wants to learn about programming. Like what?

Er...
Reply 9
Original post by Jackudy3
Er...

Thanks buddy, for showing me a picture of when you get a D in maths :rofl:

Quick Reply

Latest