The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford MSc Social Data Science

Hi,

I am currently a PPE undergrad going into 3rd year looking to apply to the MSc Social Data Science at Oxford this coming September. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice with regards to the application (i.e. personal statement, interview etc.)?
Read the detailed guidance on the website for a start and then maybe come back with specific questions.
Original post by aa_batteries
Hi,

I am currently a PPE undergrad going into 3rd year looking to apply to the MSc Social Data Science at Oxford this coming September. I was just wondering if anyone had any advice with regards to the application (i.e. personal statement, interview etc.)?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you have experience with the course? If so, would I be able to PM you?
Original post by alleycat393
Read the detailed guidance on the website for a start and then maybe come back with specific questions.
Hi, thanks for your reply. Do you have experience with the course? If so, would I be able to PM you?

There’s no need to have this conversation over PM. What are your specific questions?
There’s no need to have this conversation over PM. What are your specific questions?

No problem.

Would you say the process of writing the personal statement is the same as when applying for an undergraduate course, or is there something more they are looking for?
No problem.

Would you say the process of writing the personal statement is the same as when applying for an undergraduate course, or is there something more they are looking for?

Its definitely not the same. Check the webpages for info about what they expect first. You need to talk about why you want to do the course, your skills and experience and your career plans and how the course fits with them.
Its definitely not the same. Check the webpages for info about what they expect first. You need to talk about why you want to do the course, your skills and experience and your career plans and how the course fits with them.

Great, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending