The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

2023 Oxford Social Data Science OII

Let’s discuss!

Scroll to see replies

It's my first choice. What's your background?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by shinyhamster
It's my first choice. What's your background?

First choice as well.

Social sciences/Communication major, Self-taught programming for three years, including two years of research working exp in academia. Research exp covers Computer Vision, NLP and mathematical modelling. One work-in-progress paper.

Wish us best luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Noel_L
First choice as well.

Social sciences/Communication major, Self-taught programming for three years, including two years of research working exp in academia. Research exp covers Computer Vision, NLP and mathematical modelling. One work-in-progress paper.

Wish us best luck!

That's a lot of experience! I think I've seen you in last year's thread as well. Are you reapplying?
Reply 4
Original post by TISrobin
That's a lot of experience! I think I've seen you in last year's thread as well. Are you reapplying?

Applied first time at last year of uni but didn’t get in. So try again after the rounds and spending more time to prepare. But totally understand how competitive the program is.

How abt u?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Noel_L
Applied first time at last year of uni but didn’t get in. So try again after the rounds and spending more time to prepare. But totally understand how competitive the program is.

How abt u?

My first time! Currently in my last year of uni. This program is really peculiar because I heard the personal statement questions change every time. I realized how different it is from other programs and had a hard time writing it.
Reply 6
My first time! Currently in my last year of uni. This program is really peculiar because I heard the personal statement questions change every time. I realized how different it is from other programs and had a hard time writing it.

I feel worried abt my writing too. I rmb someone asked for feedback after receiving a rejection, and they told the person it was mainly due to the writing skills.

Have u submitted?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Noel_L
I feel worried abt my writing too. I rmb someone asked for feedback after receiving a rejection, and they told the person it was mainly due to the writing skills.

Have u submitted?

Yes, applied for the November deadline. I heard that the personal statement is the most important component of the supporting documents for this program, so I guess the writing is definitely an issue.
Reply 8
Yes, applied for the November deadline. I heard that the personal statement is the most important component of the supporting documents for this program, so I guess the writing is definitely an issue.

Finger crossed! Good to know someone out there during the wait haha
Original post by Noel_L
Finger crossed! Good to know someone out there during the wait haha

Good luck to you too! :smile:
Original post by Noel_L
First choice as well.

Wish us best luck!

Good luck to us! I know I don't have a huge chance. Upper second information science degree, 90-th GMAT scores, 3 years working in analytics and some ML research. But hey, shoot for the stars.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 11
Original post by shinyhamster
Good luck to us! I know I don't have a huge chance. Upper second information science degree, 90-th GMAT scores, 3 years working in analytics and some ML research. But hey, shoot for the stars.

Your background is bright man! We should be able to hear from them in one month!
Reply 12
2023 already folks! Guess at most two weeks to go? Best wishes to us all!!
- Any guesses as to when we would hear back for Nov deadline applications? I believe last two years it was Jan 11-12 but the application deadline was also a week later. So possibly this week (Jan 3-6) or next (Jan 9-13)?
Original post by HelloMellow123
- Any guesses as to when we would hear back for Nov deadline applications? I believe last two years it was Jan 11-12 but the application deadline was also a week later. So possibly this week (Jan 3-6) or next (Jan 9-13)?

This week hopefully!
Reply 15

Yeah based on last years’ records and the “8-10 weeks” stated in timeline site. But definitely hope it’s this week!
Original post by Noel_L
Yeah based on last years’ records and the “8-10 weeks” stated in timeline site. But definitely hope it’s this week!

Yeah we'll find out when the 'upload' button disappears I guess :smile:
Reply 17
So it’s Friday and the office hour is about to over. Guess we should hope for next week? (“Upload button” still there)
Something that may or may not be interesting -- I cannot seem to log in to the Evision portal right now. I get the error:
"You must enable session cookies to use this secure system. ** Y"
But I also just came back from international travel so my browser may just be having a brain fart...
(edited 1 year ago)
Something that may or may not be interesting -- I cannot seem to log in to the Evision portal right now. I get the error:
"You must enable session cookies to use this secure system. ** Y"
But I also just came back from international travel so my browser may just be having a brain fart...

I am facing the same issue as well. The site must be down

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending