The Student Room Group

Should I do law???

Hi guys I’m really stressing over whether to do a degree in English literature or law. I think I might like law because it’s not reading 3 novels like English but I’m scared. Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

"Not like reading 3 novels"

If you don't like reading, law probably isn't the right path. You'll end up having to do a lot of reading.

Plus reading legal texts isn't the same as reading a novel, you have to get through a large amount of text in a small amount of time, it isn't always easy.

Trust me when I say you have to have determination to study law too; trudging through a 50 page Land case is quite the borefest.
Original post by SarahBoo2002
Hi guys I’m really stressing over whether to do a degree in English literature or law. I think I might like law because it’s not reading 3 novels like English but I’m scared. Thanks!

Law is like reading 3 novels in Old English. If you don't like hard English, you will not have fun.
Reply 3
PRSOM :biggrin:
Oh who cares!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by Notoriety
Oh who cares!

I cared. It was the highlight of my day so far.
Original post by RV3112

You need to spice things up, then. Add some Nutella to your Weetabix.
Reply 7
You need to spice things up, then. Add some Nutella to your Weetabix.

Nutella on Weetabix with my nut allergy would certainly spice up my day.
Original post by RV3112
Nutella on Weetabix with my nut allergy would certainly spice up my day.

Hahahha, more fun for the spectators, then.
Shut up.
Oh who cares!

Someone's jealous
Please ignore the jibes.
Original post by RV3112
(edited 3 years ago)
God, you guys were right. Derailed on the first page :lol:
Original post by MidgetFever
God, you guys were right. Derailed on the first page :lol:

Normally takes 2, but I'm a professional.
I'm not a lawyer, otherwise I could put my two penn'orth in.

When my younger son was deciding on a course, he was wavering between medicine and law. To help him decide, he went to court several times, to observe cases.

There was a chance to see the famous Philpott murder/manslaughter trial, and he went there, full of excitement. But that day, it was time for the firemen to give their testimony. It was all about the length of their hoses etc, and got very technical. The detail bored him silly, so he went for medicine instead.

In a nutshell, law can get very boring. That is, unless you are interested in the minutiae.
Normally takes 2, but I'm a professional.
Ha, ha. Get your drift.

Law detail = he's not interested

Medical detail = he can discuss it ad nauseum. And it's me who gets bored and wonders what the heck he's going on about.

Anyway, you can come out now, Johan. He doesn't want to become a surgeon, but find a cure/better medicine for Parkinsons or MS.
Do it in Greece. Someone will steal the operating equipment mid-op, as the surgical team have left for an early lunch.

Do Law *******!
The rate we're going, Johan may not want to go anywhere for an op, full stop!
Do it in Greece. Someone will steal the operating equipment mid-op, as the surgical team have left for an early lunch.
If you are stressing - it most likely means that you don’t have too much of a passion for either. If you’re deciding over which to do by work load only then neither are probably correct for you. I might be wrong. But just a thought

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending