The Student Room Group

nappy for my 4yr old

Hi,

I am looking after my 4yr old niece and she keeps having accidents and laughing at me cleaning them up. She has some left over nappies in a draw in her room should I put them on her until she stops?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by chloed1998
Hi,

I am looking after my 4yr old niece and she keeps having accidents and laughing at me cleaning them up. She has some left over nappies in a draw in her room should I put them on her until she stops?

Wait, a 4yr old still wears nappies? Is that like a night time thing?
Reply 2
Was meant to be, but she is having accidents in the day now.
Reply 3
Does anyone have a younger brother or sister that they look after and can help me.. I am still looking after her for 3 more days and she’s having accidents every 2 hours.
Does anyone have a younger brother or sister that they look after and can help me.. I am still looking after her for 3 more days and she’s having accidents every 2 hours.

Is she properly potty trained?
Reply 5
I don’t think so, she’s keeps pooing in her pants and not telling me.
And if she’s laughing at you while you clean up, is it a cruel laughter? Discipline her and make sure she knows that what she’s doing is not ok
I don’t think so, she’s keeps pooing in her pants and not telling me.

You need to properly potty train her then, it will also be a way to build a good relationship with your niece, I had the same issue looking after my cousin.
Reply 8
Yeh she things it’s funny, she will pull her trousers down and just poo or pee everywhere
Reply 9
I don’t know where to start with potty training and I only have three days.
Yeh she things it’s funny, she will pull her trousers down and just poo or pee everywhere

Discipline and potty training, offer rewards or something if she doesn’t do it for a day or two; something like that
I don’t know where to start with potty training and I only have three days.

Maybe talk to the parents, your brother or sister and simply say that she needs to be properly potty trained, maybe she is doing it because she isn’t with her parents
Reply 12
I have tried rewarding her, by saying if you go potty you get a treat but she doesn’t care. I have tried shouting and she doesn’t care. I had so many nice things planned for her but I can’t when she’s soiling herself. She is acting like a massive baby.
Reply 13
Should I put a nappy on her?
Oh ffs, you're the troll that has a fetish for children soiling themselves, gross.
Reply 15
????
I have tried rewarding her, by saying if you go potty you get a treat but she doesn’t care. I have tried shouting and she doesn’t care. I had so many nice things planned for her but I can’t when she’s soiling herself. She is acting like a massive baby.

have you tried time outs? you should walk around with a rod and hit/tap stuff with it (except the child of course) to scare them into behaving.
Reply 17
I have taken the toys away, and the TV remote
Reply 18
I have tried time outs and she just walked off
I have tried time outs and she just walked off

have you seen supernanny? just pick her up and put her back

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending