The Student Room Group

PGCE application help!

I want to apply for my PGCE (Primary) starting in 2020, but when I go on UCAS it only has information about 2019 entry and I can't find anywhere to register for 2020 entry. I know that PGCEs are first come first served and so I want to get registered and apply as soon as possible.
The 2020 undergraduate register is open now but teacher training is a completely different scheme.

Does anyone know a) Anything about how to register for 2020 application b) The date you can actually send off the application from?

Thanks so much!
is there an option for a deferred entry when you fill out the application?
Reply 2
Applications for 2020 would probably be open from October/November this year.
Reply 3
Teacher training applications don't open until October so you can't submit anything on UCAS until then.

I don't know the exact dates but you'll be able to register and start your UCAS application a few weeks before you can submit it.

If you want to make a start now, there's plenty of things you can do to get ahead of the game. I'd suggest starting your personal statement now so that it's ready to go when applications open. You can also start looking at which providers you like, and making sure you talk to whoever you'll ask to be be your references.

Good luck! x
Reply 4
Original post by chloedru
Teacher training applications don't open until October so you can't submit anything on UCAS until then.

I don't know the exact dates but you'll be able to register and start your UCAS application a few weeks before you can submit it.

If you want to make a start now, there's plenty of things you can do to get ahead of the game. I'd suggest starting your personal statement now so that it's ready to go when applications open. You can also start looking at which providers you like, and making sure you talk to whoever you'll ask to be be your references.

Good luck! x

Thanks for the reply, good to know you can register before you apply in October as I’d like to be ready to go. Do you have any ideas where I can find out when you are able to register?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending