The Student Room Group

Six-year-old thrown from 10th floor of London art gallery by teen

A six-year-old boy who was "thrown" from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern art gallery was a French national visiting London with his family.
The child was found on a fifth-floor roof after he fell from the viewing platform on Sunday and is in a critical but stable condition, the Met said.
A witness said they heard a "loud bang", before seeing a woman scream: "Where's my son, where's my son?"
A 17-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of attempted murder remains in custody.

Read more here.
Apparently, the teenager/man who threw the boy was loitering around for hours selecting a target.

Police are calling for people to report 'suspicious looking males' in that area around that time. What's the point of all of London's CCTV if they can't even get a slightly more descriptive summary of who they are looking for?
Reply 2
Original post by AngeryPenguin
Apparently, the teenager/man who threw the boy was loitering around for hours selecting a target.

Police are calling for people to report 'suspicious looking males' in that area around that time. What's the point of all of London's CCTV if they can't even get a slightly more descriptive summary of who they are looking for?

If they say too much they prejudice the investigation and get all sorts of crazies coming forward. By keeping some of the details close to their chest, they can better understand which tips are genuine and which are from attention seekers.
Original post by Drewski
If they say too much they prejudice the investigation and get all sorts of crazies coming forward. By keeping some of the details close to their chest, they can better understand which tips are genuine and which are from attention seekers.

They're keeping all the details close to their chest. Won't they instead be swamped with many incorrect reports, simply from genuine people they are keeping out of the loop?
Reply 4
Original post by AngeryPenguin
They're keeping all the details close to their chest. Won't they instead be swamped with many incorrect reports, simply from genuine people they are keeping out of the loop?

Very easy to filter out that first stage though. Time, location, basic description. That doesn't even need human interaction to make sure the accurate tips get put through. Then the police can investigate the ones that matter.
Original post by -Eirlys-
A six-year-old boy who was "thrown" from the 10th floor of the Tate Modern art gallery was a French national visiting London with his family.
The child was found on a fifth-floor roof after he fell from the viewing platform on Sunday and is in a critical but stable condition, the Met said.
A witness said they heard a "loud bang", before seeing a woman scream: "Where's my son, where's my son?"
A 17-year-old boy arrested on suspicion of attempted murder remains in custody.

Read more here.

Saw this on my news feed last night. Was planning on going a few days ago.

If proven guilty, well.

Quite a twisted individual. Motives aside, better be dealt with swift justice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending