The Student Room Group

Getting rid of scars on legs from digging out ingrown hairs?

Not sure if I have the right forum here, apologies if I'm in the wrong place... anyway, I'm pretty susceptible to ingrown hairs and I have a really bad habit of digging them out with tweezers and making my legs bleed, worsening their appearance. I'm now in an awkward situation where the front of my calves are covered with scabs that I can barely resist picking at, which would be fine except it's summer and I really want to wear shorts. To make the problem worse, I'm on holiday and although I've done my best to protect myself, I think sun exposure has caused the skin where the scabs left scars to become discoloured and leave dark marks all over my legs. I'm not really proficient with makeup and I know little to nothing on the subject, so I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of this pigmentation or else conceal it until it's cool enough to wear trousers? Would fake tan work? Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by beckifalk
Not sure if I have the right forum here, apologies if I'm in the wrong place... anyway, I'm pretty susceptible to ingrown hairs and I have a really bad habit of digging them out with tweezers and making my legs bleed, worsening their appearance. I'm now in an awkward situation where the front of my calves are covered with scabs that I can barely resist picking at, which would be fine except it's summer and I really want to wear shorts. To make the problem worse, I'm on holiday and although I've done my best to protect myself, I think sun exposure has caused the skin where the scabs left scars to become discoloured and leave dark marks all over my legs. I'm not really proficient with makeup and I know little to nothing on the subject, so I was wondering if there is a way to get rid of this pigmentation or else conceal it until it's cool enough to wear trousers? Would fake tan work? Thanks

Try bio oil for the scars, it's not a quick fix but it will help them heal
Okay thanks! Will that fix the dark splodges around them too, or is there a different way I can reduce their appearance?
Reply 3
It should do, it is meant to help with uneven skin tones so definitly try it out x
Okay thanks so much! X

Quick Reply

Latest