The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

level 3 UAL diploma

I got BEU in my AS-levels, and might switch over to enrol onto my local college's UAL level 3 diploma/extended diploma. Does anyone know if I can apply for the foundation year whilst doing my first year level 3 diploma (as it is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels). And then not do the extended diploma. Thanks.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Alexzzh45
I got BEU in my AS-levels, and might enrol onto my local college's UAL level 3 diploma/extended diploma. Does anyone know if I can apply for the foundation year whilst doing my first year level 3 diploma (as it is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels). And then not do the extended diploma. Thanks.

It would depend on the entrance requirements of the uni you are applying to.
It sounds like a bad idea to me as you only have on AS that is usable, so that would leave you on c 2 A levels. Unis expect 3.
Foundation years can cause a lot of problems later down the line and be expensive by using up student finance you might need later on if you want to change course or become ill or fail.

Take max advantage of FE and get the best grades possible , even if it means resits or an extra year. Be patient about getting to uni. Finishing the full btec would be cheaper and just as fast as foundation year, except foundation you could well be borrowing £ £7,000-£15,000 for the privilege.
(edited 4 years ago)
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by Alexzzh45
I got BEU in my AS-levels, and might switch over to enrol onto my local college's UAL level 3 diploma/extended diploma. Does anyone know if I can apply for the foundation year whilst doing my first year level 3 diploma (as it is equivalent to 1.5 A-levels). And then not do the extended diploma. Thanks.

Hi there!

As far as I am aware, the UAL Extended Diploma (2 years) is treated the same as the Foundation year. So if you do that, you probably won't need to do the Foundation year and go straight into the BA. I have classmates who have done this course and did not have to do another Foundation year; they successful got into their chosen BA course. However, if you just do the UAL Diploma (1 year), you can apply for the Foundation year whilst you do it. Here is a link to a full on breakdown on our website for each qualification: https://www.arts.ac.uk/partnerships/ual-awarding-body/qualifications/art-and-design/level-3-diploma-and-extended-diploma-in-art-and-design

If you're more comfortable having one of the admissions team answer your queries, you can call them on this number (020 7514 6000) or submit a query online via this link: https://sits.arts.ac.uk/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_ipp_lgn.login?process=siw_ipp_enq&code1=RAENQFMASK&code2=&code4=IPR_UDFA=ASK

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else!

All the Best,
Charlene :biggrin:
Student Rep.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending