The Student Room Group

A-level options / RE

So I have decided I want to do medicine and I'm going to take biology chem and RE. But is RE seen as a soft subject? Will it be a disadvantage?
I want to take the exact same options! I went to a leading medical conference that basically said ‘bio, chem + any option’ allows you to access any competitive medical school (not limiting you essentially). For me, I loved RS/philosophy and ethics at GCSE and I like the idea of having one essay subject (for breadth).
Reply 2
Original post by neurosurgically
I want to take the exact same options! I went to a leading medical conference that basically said ‘bio, chem + any option’ allows you to access any competitive medical school (not limiting you essentially). For me, I loved RS/philosophy and ethics at GCSE and I like the idea of having one essay subject (for breadth).

ahh okay thats so good! yes me too , I really liked RE and i thought having an essay subject would be good.
Original post by Mariaxxsan
So I have decided I want to do medicine and I'm going to take biology chem and RE. But is RE seen as a soft subject? Will it be a disadvantage?

Lots of top unis have RE as one of their preferred subjects and it’d be a good change from your other science subjects

Quick Reply

Latest