Scroll to see replies

Tag me please Laura 😎
Original post by laurawatt
:rave:
When does uni start back?

Fresher's week is next week so I go back on Sunday :biggrin:
Original post by nyxnko_
Oh that makes sense :yes:
True, but that will be at most a suggestion though :redface: One of the people in my chem class got just over 30% in their baseline, and was told for pretty much all of Year 12 to drop it but ended up completing the course. I have no idea what he got though :nah:
:lovehug:

Eek! Definitely aiming for more than 30% :eek: :crossedf:
Original post by Phirstman
Tag me please Laura 😎

Sure thing :biggrin:
Great to hear the first days have been good :hugs:

Best of luck with those tests :rave:
(edited 4 years ago)
yay glad you're enjoying sixth form! i also have two tests next week (chem, maths), good luck for your tests! :lovehug: x
Reply 85

:yep: will do!
I think they said something about discrete maths? But haven’t actually told us our modules :smile: (they’ll probably go through it when we get our textbook next week)

I know :hide: Especially as ‘the school recommends’ that (for sixth form) that you do 1 hour outside of school for every lesson you have :eek: That’s 20 hours indépendant study, so 17 at home minus my frees!
This gal does not have that sort of time after school / weekends :nah:

Ah, decision, discrete, it's the same thing - just a lot of algorithms.
At least if you've got so many lessons per week that you only have 3 free periods you should get through the content pretty quickly - either that or you end up doing the revision during classes.
06/09/19

:eek: already two days at school?! :gah: I've loved it ngl :laugh:

Y12s went back on thursday (no idea why lol) and so we got our timetables then and everything :biggrin: I have 3 frees a week :lol: one on each mon, tue, wed :smile: other than that, lessons all the time in-between!
We have 2 teachers for each subject and i like all of them! :grin:

Thursday:
chemistry: met our teacher, who i had in y9! just talked through the course and had a 'welcome to a-levels' speech :lol: also we have a test on monday and we have to get over 65% :eek4:
fm: was very fun but very confusing! we did about different types of number, (real, irrational, complex etc.) and then we did imaginary numbers :headfire: blew my tiny mind a bit :tongue:
geography: looked at different types of maps/presenting maps :biggrin:
maths: just another introduction, and did some algebra practise :smile: Got set some homework which i've just about finished!
fm: different teacher, did some boring graph/network stuff :boring:

Friday:
geography: did some more map stuff and coloured some in ourselves! Who said geography was just cutting and sticking? :flute:
> I had a medical appointment so left in geography and got back near the end of lunch <
so missed chemistry and fm :emo:
chemistry: met our other teacher, who's really nice! did some stuff about atoms :grin:
maths: had our teacher from last year :rave: :party: did some algebra questions and got told we have a test next friday!!

The lessons today went so fast it was crazzzyyyyyy :excited:
So exciting! :woo: Loving sixth form so far :biggrin:

Thank you all for commenting on the gyg so far! :smile: Keep smiling!
How's your start to school/college been? :grouphugs:

Spoiler

I'm glad you've had a good start
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
Great to hear the first days have been good :hugs:

Best of lick with those tests :rave:

Thanks Groot! :hugs:
Hope you’re doing well? :h:
Original post by peachystudy
yay glad you're enjoying sixth form! i also have two tests next week (chem, maths), good luck for your tests! :lovehug: x

Thank you!
Snap :five: best of luck for next week :jumphug:
Original post by Sinnoh
Ah, decision, discrete, it's the same thing - just a lot of algorithms.
At least if you've got so many lessons per week that you only have 3 free periods you should get through the content pretty quickly - either that or you end up doing the revision during classes.

Ahh fair enough, thanks!
We have 5 lessons of each subject per week (2 with one teacher, 3 with another) so for me that’s 20 hours, 1 for EPQ (ughhh) and 1 for PSME (like learning about drugs/alcohol/ucas etc etc), then 3 frees :eek:
Hoping you’re well sinnoh :hugs:

Thank you!

Ahh fair enough, thanks!
We have 5 lessons of each subject per week (2 with one teacher, 3 with another) so for me that’s 20 hours, 1 for EPQ (ughhh) and 1 for PSME (like learning about drugs/alcohol/ucas etc etc), then 3 frees :eek:

No worries:h: :hugs:

I’m well thanks :tongue:
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
No worries:h: :hugs:

I’m well thanks :tongue:

Prsom! Good to hear :h:
Aw it's great to see that you've had such a good start!
Reply 91

Thank you!

Ahh fair enough, thanks!

Ahh I guess since they're treating further maths as a whole separate subject it takes up a lot more room. For me we were just in our own set throughout 6th form but with more maths lessons per week
and yeh I'm doing well thanks :smile: I am now closer to starting uni than results day
Hehe of course!! :hugs:
i really need to get better at reading yours :getmecoat:

Nooooooooooooooo, dw about reading mine at all hun! You've got a lot on to keep you busy enough without adding pressure or extra reading :hugs: Plus I know I have your support anyway :h:
Original post by SlightlySummer
Aw it's great to see that you've had such a good start!

Thanks! Hope you have too :h:
Original post by Sinnoh
Ahh I guess since they're treating further maths as a whole separate subject it takes up a lot more room. For me we were just in our own set throughout 6th form but with more maths lessons per week
and yeh I'm doing well thanks :smile: I am now closer to starting uni than results day

Yep, we have different classes for each - there’s only 8 of us in fm so they wouldn’t be able to timetable us to have that many lessons as such a small class :smile:
:eek: omg that’s so soon! :headfire: bit exciting at the same time!!
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Nooooooooooooooo, dw about reading mine at all hun! You've got a lot on to keep you busy enough without adding pressure or extra reading :hugs: Plus I know I have your support anyway :h:

I really do like reading your blogs though :smile: :hugs:
Always supporting :heart:
That makes sense that going straight to courses would be a better option. Awww thank you. Ohhh, why didn’t you go???
Original post by PetitePanda
That makes sense that going straight to courses would be a better option. Awww thank you. Ohhh, why didn’t you go???

Depends on the type of school I guess! Ours is very graded dependant as we’re rural so need all the funding we can get :lol:
I had NCS when the induction days were on :smile:
Depends on the type of school I guess! Ours is very graded dependant as we’re rural so need all the funding we can get :lol:
I had NCS when the induction days were on :smile:

Ours is a catholic school so we got like religious welcome to school at the start 😂😂😂 ohhh are they strict with grades? Same but ours is in debt 😂 ohhhhh omg you did NCS? When was your first week?
Ours is a catholic school so we got like religious welcome to school at the start 😂😂😂 ohhh are they strict with grades? Same but ours is in debt 😂 ohhhhh omg you did NCS? When was your first week?

Ahhh ours is CofE, but they don’t do a special welcome :lol:
Not particularly, but better grades=more funding so it does matter when we run out of whiteboard pens/paper :lol:
Yeahhh I really enjoyed it!! My first week was the 24th of June :biggrin: when did you do yours? :smile:
Ahhh ours is CofE, but they don’t do a special welcome :lol:
Not particularly, but better grades=more funding so it does matter when we run out of whiteboard pens/paper :lol:
Yeahhh I really enjoyed it!! My first week was the 24th of June :biggrin: when did you do yours? :smile:

Whats a CofE. Ohhhh. Wait do you get given paper for notes or is it like for printing. That’s so early I did mine later July like 22nd July.
Whats a CofE. Ohhhh. Wait do you get given paper for notes or is it like for printing. That’s so early I did mine later July like 22nd July.

Church of England :smile:
We get given paper if we need but, especially for sixth firm, they want us to bring our own :smile:
Yeah, it was the only time that would fit in with our family holiday! Did you have a good time?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending