The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

2020 University of Edinburgh Applicants

Hey guys!
Who's excited about applying to Edinburgh for entry in 2020?

What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I have added this thread to the big list :woo: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6033194
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Mirai609
Hey guys!
Who's excited about applying to Edinburgh for entry in 2020?

What course(s) have you applied to?
What other universities have you applied to?

I'll start: I applied to MEng Electronics and Electrical Engineering and have also applied to Aberdeen, Glasgow, Strathclyde and Heriot-Watt.

I haven't really applied yet but I plan on applying to Edinburgh for medicine. :smile:
Original post by Abhi321
I haven't really applied yet but I plan on applying to Edinburgh for medicine. :smile:

Me too. I have scheduled my UCAT exam too.
Reply 4
Has anyone received confirmation/acknowledgement of the application from Edinburgh or do they not send one in general?
not applied yet but going to apply for either computer science or computer science and maths!
Haven't replied yet but I'm considering it!:u:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Haven't applied but will soon as I am an early applicant (vetmed)!
Edinburgh is my dream school omgomg
Anyways, I'm also applying to Glasgow and then either Liverpool/Notts or Notts/RVCL or RVCL/Liverpool for vetmed (4 choices only)
Reply 8
Original post by Vetadele
Anyways, I'm also applying to Glasgow and then either Liverpool/Notts or Notts/RVCL or RVCL/Liverpool for vetmed (4 choices only)

Edinburgh is also my dream choice <3
But I'm not entirely sure whether I'll get in haha
Reply 9
Edinburgh is also my dream choice <3
But I'm not entirely sure whether I'll get in haha

Same :frown: It's such an exceptional uni, and I know that the standards are v high. But oh well, it's kind of my really-hard-to-get-into-uni (if you know what I mean) out of the 4! Best of luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 10
Same :frown: It's such an exceptional uni, and I know that the standards are v high. But oh well, it's kind of my really-hard-to-get-into-uni (if you know what I mean) out of the 4! Best of luck ! :biggrin:

Thanks and you too! I'm in the same boat with Edi being my reach. I'm also an EU student, so I get double nervous lmao. We'll have plenty of time to worry until the results come out
Thanks and you too! I'm in the same boat with Edi being my reach. I'm also an EU student, so I get double nervous lmao. We'll have plenty of time to worry until the results come out

omggg I'm an EU student too, French! What about you ?
Reply 12
omggg I'm an EU student too, French! What about you ?

I'm Romanian and also applying with one of my classmates hehe. In the last years I've seen EEE at edinburgh had a 30% or smth like that for EU and scottish students, so I still have a bit of hope.
I'm Romanian and also applying with one of my classmates hehe. In the last years I've seen EEE at edinburgh had a 30% or smth like that for EU and scottish students, so I still have a bit of hope.

Just want to let you know that it probably is quite a bit lower for eu students than Scottish ones. I don't know the exact data for EEE but it's probably around 10% if you're from the eu (not Scottish)
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
Just want to let you know that it probably is quite a bit lower for eu students than Scottish ones. I don't know the exact data for EEE but it's probably around 10% if you're from the eu (not Scottish)

I kinda expected that.. It still won't hurt to try though
Reply 15

I’m applying for vet med too! Thinking Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC? 🥴
I kinda expected that.. It still won't hurt to try though

Yeah. They gotta take someone so why not you :smile:
Good luck! :smile:))
Original post by emma.v
I’m applying for vet med too! Thinking Edinburgh, Nottingham, Bristol and RVC? 🥴

Nice ! Good luck !
Original post by blackthrn
not applied yet but going to apply for either computer science or computer science and maths!

Same! But I’m applying from the US so I have no clue what all of the tests ppl are talking about here are hahah
I don't know how to apply, i want to apply to mecatronical engineering.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending