The Student Room Group

like someone in the year below

I'm in Y13 and I like someone in the year below. How do I even begin to try to talk to them?
Where do you see this guy? Use that as a means of introducing yourself. Do you have mutual friends that you could meet him through? Do you see him on the sports field? Do you share a bus? Its hard to say without knowing more background.
So you see this guy on a fairly regular bases? If so, then one time when you see him smile and say hi - it is just a friendly "I recognize you" kind of smile.
But if you continue to see him and he responds with a return smile you could Facebook/Insta/Snap Chat friend him then strike up a texting conversation.
There isn't one simple easy answer but I do hope you get to meet your crush and it goes well!
Reply 2
I only really see him in frees we do two of the same subjects and I know some people in his class. In his frees he is usually with friends aswell.
Original post by Anonymous
I only really see him in frees we do two of the same subjects and I know some people in his class. In his frees he is usually with friends aswell.

Well, try to catch his eye on a couple of different days. After say 3-4 different times catching his eye the next time give him a smile!! If you find he continues to make eye contact each day then that is a very good sign! Then if you see him somewhere else say, 'hi'! If that continues to go well add him on facebook/insta (whatever you like).
If you EVER see him talking to someone you know walk up and start talking to your friend and then casually introduce yourself to him.
It also wouldn't hurt to talk to a mutual friend about him and see what they say..... maybe that friend would casually introduce you!
OMG me too!!
I see him in my frees and he does one A-level subject that I do.
Reply 5
i talked to him for like an hour over social media, he was really funny, although I think he might have a girlfriend but might also be an ex
Reply 6
we have been talking on social media but the convocations seem a bit dull how do I move from talking about sixth form and more onto about getting to know him
we have been talking on social media but the convocations seem a bit dull how do I move from talking about sixth form and more onto about getting to know him

Its Quite easy as a girl to take charge of the conversation. 1st find out if he is single b4 u try anything. Then just ask him about extra curricular things like sport etc when you text. In casual convo ask what his plans are for the weekend etc. Then from there, you can have a roigh idea of how he is as a person and you can proceed by asking for more personal things like reltionship statues etc.
Reply 8
how do I find out if he is single, I feel too awkward to ask him cus then he will probably suspect that I like him and then I'd he does have a girlfriend it will just be awkward
how do I find out if he is single, I feel too awkward to ask him cus then he will probably suspect that I like him and then I'd he does have a girlfriend it will just be awkward

Just ask. guys dont read in to things too much and even if he is taken it helps knowing. Just ask in an innocent friendly way like, if hes with a girl ask if they are dating or smthn then he will either say hes taken or single.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending